SOLVED

Teams Notification Integration with Mac OS Notifications--is is missing?

Brass Contributor

Hello All,  Teams banners are not showing up in Apple Notifications:

On Catalina: 10:15:5,

MS Teams (from MS Office 365),  Version 1.3.00.18164

I am getting banners, for the requisite 5 seconds, but when I go to pull down the Mac OS Notifications list, it is not listed there. 

When I go to "System Preferences"-->"Notifications", I don't see "Teams" listed.  Should I?

I feel it should be integrated with the Mac notification so that the Teams' notifications can be viewed after the 5 second banner disappears, and also in the order received with other notifications.  If I miss that 5 second display (maybe I had an alternate desktop obscuring the banner), it's essentially lost to me.

Thanks for you time/help.

Mundeli

60 Replies
Release date changed to June 2021.
I really believe that they have a Jr. Dev doing this every month.

@khansh9Thanks for the update.

Paraphrasing a line from the movie "Buckaroo Bonzai":

"When'll we get it?"

"Real soon!"

The proof will be a Teams notification in the Mac the notification center.

Until that point, it is still vaporware as far as users are concerned.

It is now only 8 months after we were told within months.  So it was wise not to give a release date that might well be missed.

@The_PNW_Hiker We have switched from Slack to Teams at the beginning of this month.  Of course Teams has more functionality than Slack but I am flabbergasted by the poor attention to UX that has been given to the product.  Enough said that the addition of users to your groups, which requires a process of adding one user at a time, is horrible.  There are so many other examples.

@JustaUser I can't believe Mac users are still waiting on this. MS must really hate us. Or did I miss another update message? (pun intended)

I stand by my post above, they have a junior dev changing the release date every month.
I think his project was to make an automated process to do this automatically.

In the roadmap page, last change happened on July 1st, with release date for July CY2021.

What a surprise ( <--- that was sarcasm)

To be fair, mac notifications are working in public preview now. I was skeptical of the ever-pushing release date too. In a small act of desperation, I'd left the notification settings on full blast just in case I missed the update or something. Now I have to go in and turn them off because they're pinging too much.

@csforbes 

That is good to hear, thanks for sharing.

It is just that I start tracking this on Nov. 2020  I think.

And back then it was with a release date for November 2020, and since then every month they change the release date to the next month.

The situation is kind of a joke.

I just hope it wont take them another 8 months for release.

Finally it is live!!!!!
We have native Teams notifications on Mac!!!!!

@IoannisTsitsiklis 

What's the acronym, YMMV?

With

Big Sur (11.2.3) and

Teams (1.4.00.16567)

I have it-not yet.  :|

Teams is not available in Setting-->Notifications

Maybe it's a graduated push and I've yet to get the sheepskin. . . .

Same here, @JustaUser. It was supposed to release in 2020 and we're 8 months in to the new year and still missing?? Makes it very hard to work when I'm missing Teams messages all the time.

Oh, I think I found it! There's a setting in Teams itself for Notification style, that was (at least for me) still set to "Teams built-in". Toggled this to Mac and I now see Teams in Settings > Notifications.

image.png

Hello @JustaUser it should be in Settings under Notification, like the screenshot @ebarrere shared.

If you do not have it and your teams is updated, maybe it just did not reach your tenant yet?

@ebarrere @ionnistsitsiklis
That was it. Thank you both.
Go to Teams Settings-->Notifications and enable Mac style alerts.
Then go to System Preferences-->Notifications-->Microsoft Teams and turn on (Alerts for me, I don't like them disappearing of their own accord).

I've updated to the latest version but can't see it in the settings. I guess it'll come soon, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Running macOS Big Sur v11.4 and Teams v.1.4.00.11161.

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 15.01.23.png

@UmutUclerI'm on Teams v.1.4.00.16567 and it is there.

JustaUser_0-1627909715866.png

Perhaps the update will be a balm to your woes?

So the in-built "Check for updates" didn't catch the latest update. After downloading and installing a new version of Teams from Microsoft's website, it works now and I can choose the Mac style notifications.

I just updated to Big Sur and Teams is gone in Notifications in Preference.  and I stopped receiving them. Any ideas.  

Check the previous posts. It is a non-standard way of configuring. You have to configure in Teams first.
Also, make sure you have a recent version (again, non-standard way of displaying).

Best of luck.
I did set it up as in post. Mac is set up in Teams notifications and I have downloaded the latest version since check updates would not update it. This sucks. I was getting notifications for chats before but not since update to big sur