SOLVED

Teams keep logging me out and/or crashes

Copper Contributor

Hi,

After the latest automatic update of Teams, my application is completely failing. It keeps logging me out and freezes/crashes, and restarts.  Then it repeats the whole thing over again.
I've removed Teams and deleted all folders, reinstalled it but nothing works.
Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Regards,

Andreas

6 Replies

@acana79 Let's see if any of our experts can assist:  

@ChristianJBergstrom

@adam deltinger

@Linus Cansby 

@Christopher Hoard 

Hi, could be that you have more than one account added in the Windows account settings and the app is trying with the wrong one. Disconnect any additional accounts there.

Also try this (copy/paste)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart

@ChristianJBergstrom Thanks for your reply. I have changed nothing in Windows and it has worked flawlessly for many years. Now after the latest update it crashes, meaning it should has nothing to do with how Windows is setup. 

I have one account for the actually Windows machine and two other work accounts,, both are associated with Teams but I only use one primarily for it.

What else can be wrong? Is no one else experiencing issues with Teams after the last update?

BR,

Andreas

Great. It's the !"%##% TPM that fails. I have just troubleshooted why I got BSD twice a day and when I finally identified the issue being the AMD implementation of TPM to their Threadripper CPU (disabled it and used ASUS add-in card instead), Teams now crashes constantly and upon trying to reset account etc on Windows I get more Error code - 80090016 messages....
best response confirmed by acana79 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have a solution:

1. Uninstall Teams
  2. Under Settings -> Accounts -> Access work of school, remove all accounts
  3. Navigate to %appdata%\Microsoft\teams and remove the teams folder
  4. Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC and remove the NGC folder. 
    Note: If you can’t remove certain files, right-click on the NGC folder and rename it.
  5. Restart Windows
  6. You may need to recreate a Windows Hello PIN (if you want to use that feature)
  7. Reinstall Teams
  8. Reconnect your work or school accounts
  9. Restart Windows again and make sure the error 80090016 is solved

This worked for me (so far). Should the error return I'll keep you updated.

BR,

Andreas

@acana79 

Hello

I have a similar problem that just appeared after last Windows Update on my Dell Latitude 5591 intel, Windows 11.

It seems when my machine goes into sleep or something I get prompted to login to Teams again.

I choose the account and it fails gives me an 80090030.  The only way to remedy is to uninstall and re-install teams.  This is a big problem - the company uses teams as its communication system.

Also, After the last WIndows update I could not boot my Dell Lattitude - said something about TPM or TPU not available - have to press F1 to continue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by acana79 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have a solution:

1. Uninstall Teams
  2. Under Settings -> Accounts -> Access work of school, remove all accounts
  3. Navigate to %appdata%\Microsoft\teams and remove the teams folder
  4. Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC and remove the NGC folder. 
    Note: If you can’t remove certain files, right-click on the NGC folder and rename it.
  5. Restart Windows
  6. You may need to recreate a Windows Hello PIN (if you want to use that feature)
  7. Reinstall Teams
  8. Reconnect your work or school accounts
  9. Restart Windows again and make sure the error 80090016 is solved

This worked for me (so far). Should the error return I'll keep you updated.

BR,

Andreas

View solution in original post