SOLVED

Teams App (IOS and Android) calls not ringing to cellphone, only on laptop.

Copper Contributor

I am no longer getting calls ringing on the Teams app on both of my cellphones, it did work at one point in time. I have an iPhone 8 (ios 14.3) and an LG V60 (Android 10). 

I searched for a fix on here and saw that others were able to log out of the app and back in and it fixed the synchronization for them. I tried this, even deleted the apps and reinstalled them on both phones, still not working for me. 

I checked on the desktop Teams app and it is not forwarding to voicemail and I don't have an option to set it to forward to a mobile number, only forward to VM. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Found the solution for me. 

We are using Skype for Business and it is controlling the calls. I went into the SFB and was able to set it to forward calls to my cell phone. 

@Tysonpf 

I was having the same issues on my Android phone.  It wasn't even ringing when it was the active app in the foreground, so the sleeping issue was not the culprit. The sign out and back in solution did not help. 

I went to the Play store to check for updates and I did not see Teams in my app list, even though I was looking at it. I searched for it and the play store had it marked as disabled. It prompted me to enable it. Then, it updated the app on my phone and now it rings.

I have no idea how it got disabled.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Found the solution for me. 

We are using Skype for Business and it is controlling the calls. I went into the SFB and was able to set it to forward calls to my cell phone. 

View solution in original post