Sound from participant is distorted but not when recorded

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I have a really strange issue with the audio output from Teams, with one particular user. Let me explain the whole case..

Sometimes, once a day or even in every meeting after some minutes, or not at all, the sound from one colleague gets immediately distorted. It´s so loud that you need to mute her and it won´t dissapear unless she puts on a wired headset or rejoins the meeting or reboots her brand new ThinkPad T14 (Ryzen5).

Now first I thought it was the built-in microphone, as with her headset the sound gets clear immediately. But now comes the really strange part:

I recorded the distorted sound from a meeting with her (through Teams recording) to proof the issue for the Lenovo Support. But on that recording you don´t hear any distortion at all. That leads me to think, that it is not an issue of the device, more like the transimission or any automatism/technique that creates that noise.

The CQD says that all her calls were in good quality and no values are out of range. I can provide a video and also a report from the CQD of one of the meetings if necessary. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

ps. To double check I will sent her another laptop to try, maybe something is messed up with the user account?

pps. I also found one guy on reddit who describes the same issue, but without any further solution.

Michael

0 Replies