SOLVED

Smartsheet or Microsoft Planner

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm shopping around for a new project management tool that integrates the best with MS Teams. My decision has come down to Smartsheet or Microsoft Planner.

Which tool do you prefer and why?

I'm an independent contractor and I have one team member but I work with several clients. I'm looking for a project management tool to help streamline communications to help the two of us plan, budget, and execute live events. I'd like to find a system that is user friendly to setup to do lists, tasks, calendars and is easy to use with MS Teams.

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Thanks!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I was always drawn to SmartSheet and we did some pilot tests. We ultimately did not choose it because it was outside the MSFT ecosystem. Maybe that has changed, I have not looked how or if it integrates with Teams. If you are not using Teams with many people already, you might not see the benefits. Planner was a great first effort a few years ago, but then stalled. Many are waiting here for the new Tasks overhall of Planner. If it works as good as it looks, that would be a good choice for you. You should look at Notion. It is an all in one tool where SmartSheet is more like a spreadsheet on super steroids.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I was always drawn to SmartSheet and we did some pilot tests. We ultimately did not choose it because it was outside the MSFT ecosystem. Maybe that has changed, I have not looked how or if it integrates with Teams. If you are not using Teams with many people already, you might not see the benefits. Planner was a great first effort a few years ago, but then stalled. Many are waiting here for the new Tasks overhall of Planner. If it works as good as it looks, that would be a good choice for you. You should look at Notion. It is an all in one tool where SmartSheet is more like a spreadsheet on super steroids.

View solution in original post