Skype add-in gets disabled every time logging to teams

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Teams on another tenant and skype is on-prem every time log in teams through application  Skype add-in gets disabled As IM Provider and Skype add-in registry value changed :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers – String value is changing from Lync to Teams

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\UCAddin.LyncAddin.1 – Dword value is changing from 3 to 0

Is there any way to keep the below value unchanged or constant in Regedit?

IM Providers should be always Lync

LyncAddin.1 - Loadbehavior value should be always 3

6 Replies

Hi @Hossam_RIAD 

In both the cases either of the Add-In can be enabled on the Outlook Client. Either Teams Add-In will be enabled or Skype for Business Add-In can be enabled on the Microsoft Outlook for scheduling the meeting. As soon as you run both the application Teams Add-in will be enabled.

Workaround:-

Disable the Teams Add-In Outlook and then try enabling Microsoft Skype for Business Meeting Add-in and restart the Teams Client. 

With Regards,

Satish U 

Hello@RealTime_M365 

I already do this workaround  Disabled Teams Add-in in outlook but when any user Logs out from teams and signs in again UCAddin.LyncAddin.1 – Dword value is changing from 3 to 0 again I mean that Outlook Teams Add-in Overrides Skype Meeting Add-In and skype add-in will revert back to "unloaded" when you next log on to outlook so is there any other workaround to resolve this issue.

Hi @Hossam_RIAD 

This seems to be an issue on the application which needs to be fixed. Can you please ensure you open a Support Ticket with Microsoft Team for investigating the issue further.

I found a similar issue which was mentioned on GitHub referring the same. Here is the link

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/OfficeDocs-SkypeForBusiness/issues/3225

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi@RealTime_M365 

Thanks, I will open a Support Ticket with Microsoft Team and see what they will do in this case 

@Hossam_RIAD 

I've written a small PowerShell script that adds DENY SetValue for the current user to this registry key's ACLs. After running it, Teams (running in user context) won't be able to change the value and it'll persistently remain at 3 (enabled in Outlook). Feel free to try, modify for the IMProvider key, and distribute. :smile:

$regPath = 'Registry::HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\UCAddin.LyncAddin.1'

Set-ItemProperty $regPath -Name LoadBehavior -Value 3

$acl = Get-Acl $regPath
$acl.Access | FT *

$idRef = [System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name)
$regRights = [System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::SetValue
$inhFlags = [System.Security.AccessControl.InheritanceFlags]::None
$prFlags = [System.Security.AccessControl.PropagationFlags]::None
$acType = [System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlType]::Deny

$rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule ($idRef, $regRights, $inhFlags, $prFlags, $acType)

$acl.AddAccessRule($rule)

$acl | Set-Acl -Path $regPath

$acl = Get-Acl $regPath
$acl.Access | FT *

Teams Version 24074.2320.2799.6852 did fix this for us (Outlook 2016, Skype for Business 2016))