Rolling out Teams and End Users are prompted by Windows to permissions to use Mic. Requires Admin.

Iron Contributor

We are starting to roll out Teams. The client is installed and they were able to access the Team Channels. But when we attempted to do a meeting, Teams prompted the end user for permission to access their Mic. This appears to be a Windows prompt. The problem is, this comes in as a UAC and requires admin rights to the machine to do. How do we get around this as all of our users are now working at home; due to the covid-19 virus. 

5 Replies

@Jeff Harlow I'm pretty sure this is something you can control with Group Policy. Hopefully you have a way to deploy updates remotely, because that might be the second part of this.

We use Intune for all of our devices. I havent seen anything mentioning a setting that we need to push out. Do you have further info on this? 

@Timothy Balk 

In addition to the CSP information above - here is documentation for managing device profile via InTune. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/configuration/device-profile-assign

I never could figure this out, but users don't have to enter admin, we tell them cancel it and everything actually works fine. Not sure what the admin permissions are prompting for. Still confusing, but if you get it working let me know, would love to know the steps to just get rid of it all together.