SOLVED

Recording Failed to Upload to OneDrive [June 2021]

Copper Contributor

My recording for a scheduled Teams Meeting gave me this error message:

"Recording failed to upload to OneDrive"

I googled this issue, which lead me to this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/tmr-meeting-recording-change

Note

If a Teams meeting recording fails to successfully upload to OneDrive/SharePoint, the recording will instead be temporarily saved to Azure Media Services (AMS). Once stored in AMS, no retry attempts are made to automatically upload the recording to OneDrive/SharePoint or Stream.

Does anyone know, how I access my recording from Azure Media Services?  I logged into Azure Media and can't seem to find a connection between this site and teams recordings.  It's not on Stream or OneDrive.  Does anyone else have any ideas on where I can look?

12 Replies
Hi, sounds like a channel meeting recording if it’s not in OneDrive. If not being uploaded you can still access it from Teams for 21 days. See if this helps https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/play-and-share-a-meeting-recording-in-teams-7d7e5dc5-9ae4...

@ChristianJBergstrom Thanks for the suggestion.  It wasn't a channel meeting, though. I did look in SharePoint anyway, but it's not under one of my groups.  I booked it using outlook, and when I start the recording it creates a download in the chat (normally). This time around, the meeting chat does have what looks like the usual recording download at the bottom.  However, there is a warning on it that says "recording failed to upload to OneDrive".  If I click on it, a png picture of the download symbol downloads instead of playing or downloading the recording.

best response confirmed by michellelegrand (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ah I see. Think that’s a bug. What happens if you rename the .png with a playable format?
@ChristianJBergstrom you are a genius. I changed the filename extension to MP4 and it worked. Why didn't I think of that! Thank you!

Hi!
You can try to recover meeting record like this. Login to portal.office.com as an global admin. Navigate to support -> New Service Request -> Select "question mark" and type question like Can't find Meeting Recording. Troubleshooter ask URL of the meeting ja when was the meeting recorded. Sometimes this requires two attemps to find instruction how to download recorded meeting. You need to login teams via browser and use that person id who was recording the meeting.

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Screenshot 2021-11-24 183331.png

 This is what I see  on the chat window. It's not clickable and nor am I able to download it. Any help with this?

@kartikrajeshconnectwisecom 

Hello,
I just came across this post.
A coworker also started a recording yesterday via group chat and the upload to his Onedrive failed.
A test recording on the other hand just worked.

But the recording from yesterday did not work.
The upload to Onedrive failed.
I also can't click on the three dots and then open in Onedrive .It then opens nothing. It seems so then you would not get to the data since he could not upload anything. Or is he still caching it somewhere else ?

there was update on 2021-11-22 for teams background
and we have more than 10 failed recording at that day
still working on it with MS.
if anything feels better, they only happened on that day

@kartikrajeshconnectwisecom 

Can you try this: This will generate direct url to download meeting record

replied to  michellelegrand

‎Nov 23 2021 03:18 AM - edited ‎Nov 23 2021 03:19 AM

Hi!
You can try to recover meeting record like this. Login to portal.office.com as an global admin. Navigate to support -> New Service Request -> Select "question mark" and type question like Can't find Meeting Recording. Troubleshooter ask URL of the meeting and when was the meeting recorded. Sometimes this requires two attemps to find instruction how to download recorded meeting. You need to login teams via browser and use that person id who was recording the meeting.

@kartikrajeshconnectwisecom Hi, just recently there was an incident that affected Teams meeting recordings. So if this is an isolated issue you know why this happened. Your best shot in this case is to either ask your administrator to use this tool https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-administration/admin-self-help-di... or ask your admin to open a support ticket with Microsoft to get the recording.

@michellelegrand I hope this is not too late, I opened the Teams desktop app from the browser, and was able to download the recording from there, at least it's not lost forever

@Usermel 

Same issue for me yesterday 1/26/2022.  I'm not sure what you mean by using the Teams desktop app.  I looked everywhere and can't find the recording.  I'm not Teams savvy at all.  Thanks for any help or suggestion.  Jean

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by michellelegrand (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ah I see. Think that’s a bug. What happens if you rename the .png with a playable format?

View solution in original post