Productivity Hacks with Microsoft Teams - share yours!

Microsoft

What are some productivity hacks you've got with Microsoft Teams?  

For me it's remembering to use the Activity Feed / Filter / More Options and browsing through specific notification types.  Always coming back and responding to specific @mentions or replies helps me to stay on top of pressing conversations and quickly jump between topics in different channels!

snip.png

I try to spend time during the afternoon going through ensuring I'm back present in conversations or activities I may have been absent from due to other things throughout the day.

/Josh

4 Replies

@Josh Leporatithis feature is really useful! :) is there a specific hub/blog in this community to share and learn about Ms teams tips&tricks? thanks!

my tips are: save important messages/posts, mention feature, have links of files and folders,  open files with desktop or web app, and pop out coversations and app.

@Josh Leporati 

Mine would be using /pop in the command bar to open a separate 'pop-out' chat window directly from any screen in Teams without losing your place. I'll often reply to someone saying hi on the toast then /pop them while they type their first message.

pop.png

That is a good one @Steven Collier, thanks for sharing! 

@sa2my96 here is a great community! :)  Also check out Driving Adoption area for specific ideas around all up adoption for M365.

Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community
Welcome to the Driving Office 365 Adoption group. (microsoft.com)

You raise some great tips!  I don't use the marking messages feature as much as I wish I did!  Mentioning as well is extremely versatile and useful as you see your teams continue to expand.  Specifying tagging groups can help make that even more powerful too.

/Josh