SOLVED

Poly C60 Meeting Room Interface Change

Copper Contributor

The C60 phone screen has suddenly changed. The room accounts are licensed with Microsoft Teams Room Standard licenses and they used to look like the below:

CWPSAdminPN_0-1651766060175.png

CWPSAdminPN_1-1651683263603.jpeg

And now they look like the below:

CWPSAdminPN_1-1651766076367.png

CWPSAdminPN_3-1651683311239.jpeg

Any ideas as to why?

10 Replies

@CWPSAdmin-PN 

@Eric Marsi, any insights?

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@CWPSAdmin-PN @Therese_Solimeno 

Hi, This is a planned UI update for portrait conference room phones. I do know about this via a TAP release and may not have been announced publicly yet

Is there a way to roll this back to the original UI?
Unfortunately no. This is the UI going forward

@CWPSAdmin-PN  Actually you can but it is painful if you have lots of them, you need to roll back to an earlier firmware version and do a factory reset. The firmware version will use the Teams app that comes with the firmware.

Yes, there is a way but you will likely not be able to go to the same exact Teams app version and you have to do a factory reset as well. If you want to change the appearance you can create Teams IPPhone policy, and assign it UserSignIn Mode which is closest to the appearance of the old GUI but will have security issues as it doesn't have the user restriction that comes with the MeetingSignIn mode.

'UserSignIn: Enables the individual user's Teams experience on the phone'
'CommonAreaPhoneSignIn: Enables a Common Area Phone experience on the phone'
'MeetingSignIn: Enables the meeting/conference room experience on the phone'
Thats the new Poly 7.3 code it changed the way it looks..in either common area phones or conference phone layouts
Wow, I really don't like this
that is the poly 7.3 code upgrade; it changes the look of the display
I personally like it alot better
Hi,
I recently tried to deploy Poly c60 with Microsoft teams room basic license but the device failed to login with license error. Any hints if MTR basic license works with poly C60 and provide conference room UI (one touch join /calendar) feature. I did asked the same to Poly and MS support group as well.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@CWPSAdmin-PN @Therese_Solimeno 

Hi, This is a planned UI update for portrait conference room phones. I do know about this via a TAP release and may not have been announced publicly yet

View solution in original post