Permalink for Teams meeting ID & phone

Copper Contributor

I have read the message boards on Teams meeting I permalinks and am aware of the security risk concerns; none that I found assisted with out issue. That said, looking for any advice:

We have a recurring meeting (1st and 3rd Thursdays) of each month with 200+ invitees that cannot follow a native recurrence schedule via Teams or Outlook (this divergent style has yet to be a feature, as far as I have found, in O365). The majority (~97%) of the attendees join by phone (our preference, we deleted the Teams link from the invite) and save the dial-in number in their phones for convenience, to include the unique meeting ID. Currently we believe our choices are to create blocks (e.g., Aug-Sept then Oct-Dec) where we can follow the native two-week recurrence pattern or create a recurrence pattern for the 1st Thursday and a separate for the 3rd Thursday, both with unique meeting IDs. As you can imagine, both can cause some confusion with meeting participants if they dial into the wrong number (which has happened many times over the last 17+ months) which we are trying to avoid/streamline. Anyone have any better alternatives or information we are unaware of? TIA ~Kristi

0 Replies