Apr 19 2021 07:57 AM
Apr 19 2021 10:26 AM
Aug 17 2021 08:13 AM - edited Aug 17 2021 08:13 AM
But that wouldn't prevent the meeting from showing up as a post in the Channel, would it?
Aug 17 2021 11:47 AM
Aug 17 2021 01:26 PM
Agreed, and that inability to prevent meetings and/or their associated system-generated messages from showing up in the channel is a BIG problem for us.
1. A sensitive topic meeting (budget, a firing, an investigation, downsizing, etc) is accidentally posted by an employee to the General channel of the Org-wide team.
2. The entire organization has therefore been "invited" to that sensitive meeting, and moreover there is a post in the General Channel announcing it (showing the meeting title, etc).
3. The meeting organizer cannot edit the meeting to change the meeting channel.
4. The Org-wide Team's owner(s) cannot delete a (non-cancelled) meeting post from the Org-wide General channel, even if policy is applied to allow Team owners to delete posts. SEE SCREENSHOT 1
5. The meeting organizer must first cancel the meeting, which allows the Team Owner to delete the initial meeting post itself, but...
6. the reply post that says "[meeting organizer] cancelled "[sensitive topic]" meeting" cannot be removed, even when the messaging policy has been set to allow Team Owners to delete posts. SEE SCREENSHOT 2
We don't want to disallow users from posting meetings to channels in other Teams. Unfortunately, there's no per Team setting to disallow it on the Org-wide team only.