SOLVED

New Teams change file path for personal backgrounds?

Copper Contributor

I have users who started updating Teams themselves to New Teams and a consistent problem I'm seeing and have recreated myself is that images we have stored in Teams for company backgrounds (\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads\) are no longer showing up in the list of web cam backgrounds in New Teams. We have been using a GPO for these users so the process is automated, but I'm wondering if New Teams is using some new file path? I'd Google it but Google keeps steering me to the file path listed above.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by WA_ST_IT_ADMIN (Copper Contributor)
Solution
From the testing we've done so far, the path is: -%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Microsoft\MSTeams\Backgrounds\Uploads

The backgrounds won't automatically be ported across from the 'old Teams' location - %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads
We're using Endpoint remediation scripts to get around that.
Hope this helps, and I know what you mean about Google ;)
That is helpful.
Thank you.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WA_ST_IT_ADMIN (Copper Contributor)
Solution
From the testing we've done so far, the path is: -%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Microsoft\MSTeams\Backgrounds\Uploads

The backgrounds won't automatically be ported across from the 'old Teams' location - %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads
We're using Endpoint remediation scripts to get around that.
Hope this helps, and I know what you mean about Google ;)

View solution in original post