SOLVED

Multiple Organizations in teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm working in two organization accounts and therefore i have to either constantly switch accounts or log into one by browser.

I've found some workarounds here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Multiple-account-and-tenant-support-for-Micro...

but is there any method or is microsoft planning to fix it without any "hacks" like these?

18 Replies
Teams web and Desktop Will have support for multiple accounts like the mobile client already have today! Don’t really know when though

@adam deltinger looking forward to have multiple organisation support in desktop app.

Best

Claudio

@adam deltinger Any idea when this will be available?

@piotrekp1 I agree this would be great to fix.  From a competitive standpoint this needs to be fixed since Slack has the ability to easily switch between multiple org slack environments both on the desktop app and on mobile.  This is a huge pain point for me today with Teams, since it causes me to miss messages because I have to login multiple times and rotate logins throughout the day between 3 orgs that I participate in.  It's ridiculously frustrating.

Thanks for posting workarounds in the interim. 

@piotrekp1 Thank you for posting this. I am really hoping this gets traction and we hear an update on this. It has been almost four months now, is there any forseeable target for this? 

This is a huge step backwards. I am working for a company that has many different clients, and before when using skype for business i could simply add a group for a client and add all their contacts into that. More importantly i could search for them and find them anytime. 

From teams it is no long possible to reach out to teams users on other orgs quickly. And even worse we have to switch orgs to even message them. Even within the org that i have access and been given permission to i cant search for users in that org. 

This means that if i am in a meeting for my own company org, and want to send a message to get someone from a different org to answer something quickly or even join my meeting it is impossible to do that. 

I cant imagine what situation occurred that caused the design of this app to move that many steps backward and lose important features being used by the entire community.  Please put heavy consideration on this item. Ease of use and communication is teams' literal mission and purpose and a big piece of this has been taken away.

If I have missed something and these features or workaround are available somehow, please inform me and I will digress. 

Looking forward to a reply soon. 

This is so important for a global organization like ours.  Has it been delivered yet?

There is a uservoice for to allow access to multiple organisations via the desktop app I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time . It shows they are are working on it

@piotrekp1 

I have found a way to work with multiple tenants at the same time. Check out this youtube solution.

Working with multiple Teams at the same time 

Come on Microsoft, it's 2023! :) How long willit take to get this functionality added to the desktop app? Most of are happy using the mobile app with multiple organizations, but it would be nice to have desktop notifications for multiple organizations without needing to have multiple browsers open.
Are you working on it? Or are there some more viable work-arounds?
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@Mathias_Kusk It's part of Teams improvements in general so to speak, they have been working on that for a long time now.

Follow this for updates regarding the multi-feature Enable usage of multiple Teams accounts at the same time · Community (microsoft.com)

All I see is tons of frustration, but thanks for the link.
I hear you. But at least some official documentation.

"Michaela B.
27 days ago
Support for with multiple accounts a top priority and our engineering teams are actively working on it. We will share an update as soon as we have more clarity about the dates. Thank you for your patience, upvotes and continued feedback."
Thanks - but You guys realize that the topic was opened in 2020? :)
I sure do..

Still waiting in 2023... @adam deltinger 

@ChristianJBergstrom hi, you see that they closed that Feature Request off, but they never implemented what was requested. The very first sentence of the request says: Please allow us to use multiple accounts at the same. 

This never happened. The latest Teams 2.0, I tested yesterday and unfortunately you still have to switch between organisations. In other words, I work for Company C1, and I have a Guest account (same email address though) in Company C2. In my Teams 2.0, I still have to switch between C1 and C2 on Teams, to see the list of Teams. In C1, I am joined in 3 Teams, and in C2 I am joined in 2 Teams. I just cannot see all 5 Teams together in one window. Is that a hard ask?

When a user click on the Teams button on the left, the UI should be like this:

C1

> Team 1

> Team 2

> Team 3

C2

> Team 1

> Team 2

There you go, no more account switching, and all the teams you joined as a human, are there. I don't know how more simply I have to explain this to Microsoft. We have been asking this for years.

Couldn't agree more!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@Mathias_Kusk It's part of Teams improvements in general so to speak, they have been working on that for a long time now.

Follow this for updates regarding the multi-feature Enable usage of multiple Teams accounts at the same time · Community (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post