MS Team as Webinar platform

Copper Contributor

Hi all
I have some questions in order to use better MS Team for webinars

Maybe some of requirements are not available in MS Team and this can force me to adopt a more specific tool (e.g. GoToWebinar or Zoom or similars)

1) How can I limit participant/attendee of a meeting to see each others?
I means
I'm organized a webinar and at this meeting internal people of my organization are invited but also external / guest
But I don't want external/guest be able to see list of people in the meeting (maybe they are 2 competitors)
People in my organization can see all
We can consider it as Audience View and Management

is it possible?

2) Ho can avoid that external guest will "talk" without permission or write in the chat
I want prevent that external guest will be able to interrupt the webinar without asking permission
So the best is that external guest can only send a "private" message to the "organizer" or "presenter" and this will allow to "unlock" and let him talk (or chat in public)
so enabling only a private chat between some people (guest usually) and the organized

3) Can I create some panel to answer questions, survey, start polls, final feedback, etc

4) collect statistics on number of people invited and joined.. and if the leave the meeting before the end, survey response, etc
In general statistics having Attendee Report and Event Analysis

5) Send a link (or publish a link in some way) and when external guest will join, they must be forced to register some data like email address, company info and some from my organization must
approve the access
Consider this as a "custom registration" form with a workflow approval process

Thanks !

Roberto

Thanks

1 Reply
You cannot do the different roles to see different audiences in the meeting. You can hide everyone thou as a whole by utilizing Teams live events. It can do most of what you want except registration currently.

For that you could utilize Microsoft forms and some back end power automate flows to handle registration but nothing built into Teams.

Live events had support for Q&A and I believe you can include a Microsoft form to be used as a poll during the live events.

I do know Microsoft is wanting to invest and expand the capabilities of meetings to better include some of these scenarios but I do not know when.