SOLVED

Missing "Join" button in Microsoft Teams calendar for meetings from external Users

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I discovered today that there is no "Join" button in the Microsoft Teams calendar for meetings that were send from external users (not inside our tenant) via Outlook. There is only the link inside the description to open Microsoft Teams in the Web Browser, but there is no direct way to join the meeting.

Is this behavior normal for external meetings or should there also be a "Join" button? I don't have the possibility to test it with another external company, to see if it works there.

The "Join" button is working properly for internal meetings.

Thanks for any help, David

27 Replies

@David Mutschlechner Hi David, were you able to identify a solution for this?

@David Mutschlechner 

So I'm here because I have a similar issue (i.e. Screenshot 2021-02-04 121618.pngExternal users don't see 'Join' button when in Teams).
I've just started using a workaround where I (the meeting creator) copy the 'Click here to join meeting' bit from the Meeting details section and I paste it into the 'Posts' tab in the relevant Team/channel.

External users can then click on that link to 'start' the call.

I believe that MS have left the 'Join' button out for guests because they don't want guests to 'start' a meeting. Guests do see the 'Join' button once a call has been started (i.e. by someone else).
Not sure if that helps, but it's what I'm going with for now.
Kevin

Simply set time and time zone automatically in settings, sync it. Sign out in teams and restart your PC. That's all your problem will solve, and join button will appear.

@nastrup_JH where do you set to automatic time settings? 

@Sandra ElliottYou set it in settings -> date & time. Remember to restart the computer :)image.png

@Mohammad_Ali_NEMER What do you mean by "fixing the time on the Windows machine, set it to be automatic"? I'm not technical, have a MAC using Teams. What exactly did you change and where?

Thanks!

I encountered similar issue recently. When I schedule a meeting on Team desktop app or on office.com, the Join button does not appear. My workaround is scheduling the meeting on my phone...only then the Join button appears.
I’m going to try inviting myself along with my individual students in my class. I’ll post results.