Missing Files Toolbar in Client application

Brass Contributor

Hello Teams Gurus - A user who is owner of the team is experiencing an issue in the Teams client version.  She has no issues in the online version. When she clicks on a channel, and then clicks on the Files menu, she doesn't see the secondary menu bar, and she doesn't see any folders/directories.    The areas highlighted below are what she's missing.

TeamsIssue.png

She has rebooted her machine and still facing the issue. Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Khushi

7 Replies
Try clearing the Teams cache- recently had a user having the same issue and this resolved it

Here’s what you need to do to clear the local cache for Microsoft Teams.
1. Quit Microsoft Teams.
2. Cut and paste the following location into File Explorer: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams
3. Delete contents of the entire folder.
4. Restart Microsoft Teams.

@Ethan Stern There are many folders in the Teams folder. Are you sure, I need to delete all of them? Anything in particular to Cache instead?

Thanks,

@Khushi Shaikh you can delete all of them - they will be recreated once you restart Teams.

If you want to target the folders you can delete the following, but I find it easier just to delete everything.

"%appdata%" and press Enter. Then, Navigate to Microsoft > Teams. Once in the directory, you will need to delete all the files and folders within the following folders:

Application Cache

Blob_storage

Cache

Databases

GPUCache

IndexedDB

Local Storage

tmp

@Ethan Stern We tried to remove the cache. User is experiencing files and folder missing randomly. So, it appeared and next day disappeared and then reappeared.

Any specific reason?

How to delete this post? This is no longer an issue. It was user's error. The user was not selecting proper channel. I apologize for the post.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello @Ethan Stern - It is recurring issue. any idea why is it happening? Clearing Cache does resolve issue but user is not satisfied with this behavior. 

Best Regards,

In Microsoft Teams Classic for Mac, I opened up Library/Application Data/Teams and deleted everything inside there. It solved the problem for me, thank you!