SOLVED

Mirrored screen in meeting

Copper Contributor

I'd like to broadcast a lecture with external cameras and the presenter screen but I just get it all in mirrored screens. 
Where do I change this settings in Teams/ W10?

33 Replies
best response confirmed by Ola Henningsson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The picture you see is mirrored but the video picture that others see from you will be correct. Can be confusing when you don't know this and just see your own and read text backwards.

There is no setting to change this in Windows 10 and if you have software that can switch it on your side it will be mirrored on attendees side instead.

Tnx @Linus Cansby for a quick and clear answer. 

/Ola

Helpful, and thank you.

But Microsoft, really? That's your answer?

But my screen is connected to a LED screen. It is not beautiful for the audiences in the meeting. even prime minister is also joint the meeting. @Linus Cansby 

@Beekhang2450 The participants in the meeting will see your video the correct way, not mirrored. I'm not sure about how you have your setup, you are using a LED screen but how is this related to the mirrored self view? 

Hi Linus,

Mirrored.pngThe participants in the meeting room also see mirrored image because I connected to LCD Screen.  You can see my LCD screen. I used Logitech Rally camera @Linus Cansby 

@Beekhang2450 So is that projector screen showing the mirrored self view? And that is a view from Skype, not Teams. Anyway, the self view in Teams will be mirrored but it will show the correct way for all participants viewing.

@Linus Cansby 

Teams really needs a preference choice for flipping the image for the preview/selfview.

When someone "previews" something they should see exactly what the far end would see. Not a flipped image.  If a background is created and you want to see what it looks like(as a far end would) there is no way to do that.

It would be nice to view my company logo properly.

Background.png

@JimScalise It works like a mirror to makes it easier for users. Okay that text is reversed in the self view but most users know how to handle a mirror on the wall, so they should be able to handle the mirror effect in the self view.

@Linus Cansby  My request is a selection preference for the user. Perhaps you can forward that request/feature.  Skype for Business had it.  I understand the idea of the mirror but I also look at it from a video production standpoint of a preview monitor which is not a mirrored image of what is displayed.  Again, leave the preference to the user.

Also, I cannot figure out how to pick a background and keep it for all calls.  I have to reselect it for every call while in the call and not before the call.  I have to research it more but that is my experience so far.

Thanks,

Jim

@JimScalise Vote for the uservoice and write a comment why you need a switch for the mirroring.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39267535-toggle-video-camera-m...

There is also a uservoice requesting saving the background option.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40230415-save-teams-background...

I've been searching for a solution to the mirrored image problem and, so far, have drawn a blank. My situation might be a little unusual because I have been a television presenter since 1982 and am very used to seeing myself on a monitor as viewers see me. I really don't want to be flipped horizontally, vertically, diagonally or any other way! Surely the app should have a mirror toggle, as Zoom does, to allow users the choice? Can it be so difficult to implement?

I'm sorry, but this just blows my mind. Why would I EVER want to see a mirror image of my self in a video call or presentation? If I click on Preview, it is the very nature of that word (PREVIEW) indicates that I want to see what other users see. Please restore order to the galaxy and let us know when this gets fixed.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, Zoom has one its not that hard Microsoft.@BFischer290 

I concur. Mirrored preview without a user toggle makes Teams practically unusable. Mirroring the preview causes nothing but confusion for those of who need to present documents and PP decks. I wish Microsoft would add a mirror toggle ASAP.

@Linus Cansby My preview image an what others see is exactly the same:  A mirror image.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.  Never saw this in Skype, Zoom, GotoMeeting, Microsoft Live, Webex, Microsoft Teams is the only service that thinks mirrored preview makes sense.  Makes it completely unusable.  I won't use it until its fixed.  

@Linus Cansby Thanks, so just to be clear, when I hold up alphabet cards my 2nd graders are seeing them correctly even though they look backwards to me? Right?

@wenwen822HaHa…...that's good.  I guess Teams is not intender for learn/teach from home otherwise Microsoft would have added a feature to allow non-mirrored preview. ……. :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ola Henningsson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The picture you see is mirrored but the video picture that others see from you will be correct. Can be confusing when you don't know this and just see your own and read text backwards.

There is no setting to change this in Windows 10 and if you have software that can switch it on your side it will be mirrored on attendees side instead.

View solution in original post