Microsoft Teams Free "Get Email Address" not appearing & Unable to see other public teams in Org

Copper Contributor

Hi there!

So we planning to try out MS Teams in our organisation. But for some reason, we are having some difficulties using it.

The first being, whenever I created a new team, none of the channels inside the new team were be able to "Get Email Address". I saw a lot of solution mentioning admin centre, but I believe that is not a service available for the free version.

The second is, when we created a new team and set it to be "Public", the other member of the team can't see it pop up as an option to join. They were only able to join a new team, either when the team is set to be "Org-wide" or having the admin adding the member to the team manually.

Are these issues a limitation for Teams Free? or I might be running into issues?

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
My Free Teams has "Get E-mail address" on the channels. As far as the Public Teams showing up, it usually takes time for index to index these and show up. Also did you try typing in the first word of the Team in search? Sometimes it doesn't show up as recommended but you can search for it. The only problem is it has to be an exact starts with match. Easiest way is to get link to the Team and give it to them, this will join them right into a public Team.

Can you screenshot your right click menu on a channel?

@Chris Webb 

Thanks! I can find other team in the search now. Pretty strange as I thought they should be available in the tab straightaway, instead of needing to search them by yourself.

With the "Get email address", still can't figure out why it can't be used. Both teams were configured in the exact same way, same setting, same privacy setting.

Here's the team channel that don't have access to "Get Email Address"

Norris_Wu_0-1581724187750.png

Norris_Wu_2-1581724318531.png

Here's the team channel that have access to "Get Email Address"

Norris_Wu_1-1581724294962.png

Thanks

@Norris_Wu 

I had a very similar issue, except none of my teams or channels showed the "Get Email" option, despite having the email integration setting enabled in admin. What ended up working for me, was clearing the web history cache, signing out and back into Teams.

Seems strange, but it worked and the email option finally showed up in my Teams app. Worth a shot if you've tried everything else. 

Thanks, but I don't think I can clear the web history cache with Teams Free since we don't have access to admin center.

This is actually starting to get bit frustrating. I'm trying to roll out MS Teams in my org, but all those weird tech difficulties is just....... mind blowing.

Hi @Norris_Wu,

Did you find a solution for this? It is indeed very annoying

Hi @vankyan,

Unfortunately, I don't have a fix yet.  

I have the same issue with Teams Free. The get channel email address option shows up, but doesn't work. It works fine when I'm logged in to Teams with my work account (which has a subscription). Would be great to see a fix for this as I want to use Teams free for some non work stuff.
Same issue here too. Only the first Team that was created when making the account has "Get email address" option for its channels. All new Teams created afterward don't have it.

@Norris_Wu did you ever find a solution to this? i have the same exact problem. 

@Norris_Wu 

Solution that I found by @Ryan Stone that didn't work for me, but for others did.

"Simply go to a channel for that team - and then in the middle pane where the conversation posts show click the header "..." and you will see the option for it. Once you pick it there it will then show up in the left nav's "..." for each channel."