SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Desktop not showing emojis

Copper Contributor

Malith_Fdo_0-1582247270108.png

After run Microsoft update this issue happen!. Also message react emojis (like thumb up) also not showing! 

44 Replies
may you Help me

I need HELP with geting chat back god bless and thanck you

best response confirmed by Malith_Fdo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @s1954113:

Hi at the moment it didn't happened to me since then but there are many things that might cause this:

(1) Make sure your windows is up to date on windows updates (Some O365 bugs are fixed after the updates on windows).

(2) If you are working over a VPN (Virtual Private Network) Refresh your connection (Whichever is your VPN program) and once done Sign out and Sign in Back and they should go back.

If all above didn't worked, another issue that may happens is that Teams Cache is corrupted in which case you will have to delete all the cache. Follow the below instructions if you want to delete the cache:

1. Exit of the Microsoft Teams Desktop APP.
  2. Right click on the Teams icon in your system tray.
  3. Click Quit.
  4. Click on the File Explorer.
  5. In the address bar copy and paste the following location into File Explorer: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams.
  6. Delete all files and folders in that Directory.
  7. Open teams back and they should show now.

@blank35 We have the same problem at company. I am surprised to see how long it was not fixed 

Settings --> switch theme do Dark (and back).
this worked for me - worth a try

@Malith_Fdo 

How to Enable / Disable Gifs, Memes, and Emojis in Microsoft Teams.
#microsoftteams

https://youtu.be/PLVKh9Dvppo

@PositiveEnergy  Could you explain how this very positive answer is even related to the question?

Because the question is in my view is the following: Why Microsoft does not fix such a long existing problem. And yes, it is an application problem because it can be cured with a restart of the application.

Why am I so sensitive on empty PR?

@Petyo  Please Go to Manage Team > Settings> fun stuff and enable the emojis.

@CLUB_AVB This solution of deleting the Teams cache worked for me after trying everything else. Thank you!

I deleted the Application Cache folder in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams folder and that worked fine. I did not delete all files in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams folder as that seemed a bit drastic.
I deleted only the Application Cache folder in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams folder rather than all the files and folders in that directory and that worked like a charm.
Great, thanks!

BR, Joakim

@Malith_Fdothat worked for me! Thanks!

This worked for me.
This issue still happens on Desktop version... a recent remedy is to restart it :\
It works for me too. In my case, emojis was not showed on Desktop app, but was showed on teams.microsoft.com
It also worked for me, thanks!

@CLUB_AVB   Clearing the cache might be the only thing that works, but to say it is the best solution is playing fast and loose with the meaning of the word "best."  "Only" would be more accurate.

My current job has most people using Guest logins, and even they are not configured uniformly.  I get that I have to clear the cache of my Guest ID once or twice a week because They really want businesses to pay for the pre-seat licenses and only use Guest logins for sporadic users.  So far, I have only had the interface shown in illustrations a couple of times.

The ability to see Emojis posted by others shouldn't be something that comes and goes.  If they were using more standard ways of displaying them I have to think it would work better.

This worked, thank you!