How to Remove Account From Teams app

Brass Contributor

Step by step video on how to Remove School / work Account From Teams app:

https://youtu.be/tLWeGo_aQu0

Step by Step video for teachers and students on how to remove a saved user work/school account on Microsoft Teams App. If you like the video, then please like and share the video. Do subscribe and support the channel. It motivates me to create more content Thank you...!! This video is for ...
10 Replies
I tried this but my problem is having an extra account on my account. If that makes sense? I sign in with my email and it has two accounts. One is for counselling i did a few years ago and the other is called “personal.” How do i remove the counselling account?

@SyntheticPelican It's been a while, but I figured someone may need this. Follow this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/external-identities/leave-the-organization#l...

Basically, goto https://myapps.microsoft.com/ . Select your profile on top right -> view account -> select organisations in the left panel -> Leave

My issue was I changed jobs and the couple of teams accounts I had signed in no longer existed, or i was not allowed to access anymore. The app loops the login screen and you can't get to the menu, the back button just causes the login screen to come up again, continuously. There is no way to go back and chose sign into a different acvount. It just gets stuck insisting you sign into an account that no longer exists.

To fix this I had to put the phone into flight mode and quickly while the app looped and freaked out, intermittently and very briefly showed the teams list and menu button. I had to be very quick to press the menu button to the chose the account to then sign out.
Oh and I had exactly the same problem with my new work phone where the previous user was still signed in.

Well done Microsoft, Teams really is garbage.
No way to delete the app data
No way to sign out/forget accounts
No way to add new account when an old account is signed in
Ridiculous persistent sign in loop

YES! Thank you. Sorted. Old legacy accounts gone. @MissFortune 

Very helpful.. Thanks
There is a way via Android phones.

Highlight the teams app, as if you were to uninstall it.
Select 'App Info' instead.
Go into 'Storage'.
At the bottom of the page there is 'Clear data' and 'Clear cache' options.

Clear cache and data to reset the app without having to uninstall.

@Dubla89 this was my exact issue, thanks for sharing your workaround. Definitely frustrating that there isn't an official solution to what I'm sure is a fairly common issue, and especially frustrating that it would be so easy to avoid by logging out before your org removes access, but there's no way to know that until it's too late and you're already stuck in infinite authentication purgatory

Great, this trick with flight mode worked for me!
Finally found out how to switch/remove accounts...
Thanks

@jvermuni I tried this today and no success. I even tried slowing it down following this, but didn't help.

My issue is I have a Work and Volunteer profile, and at some point they've got mixed so it added my work logon to the volunter profile and vice-a-versa. So I have 4 profiles instead of 2.

I think the suggestions to Clear Data/Cache would probably work, but reluctant to do that today as I'll have to probably reconfigure all the notifications etc.

Can't believe this dead-end outcome is still possible :\ 

@Positive_energy 

I have tried everything on this forum that everyone has suggested and nothing has worked.

I've tried everything on my phone and everything mentioned on the Microsoft Apps page and nothing works.

I'm trying to add my new work account to my mobile Teams app and it keeps telling me to remove the one that is on there but it won't let me, just goes in a loop like another reader mentioned. Still unable to add new account or delete other accounts. This Teams app is the biggest piece of BS Microsoft has turned out.