How to hide auto attendant routing path from user?

Steel Contributor

Hi,

I designed an auto attendant / call queue routing for our service desk.

Basically, the entry point is always the AA. During business hours the call should be routed to the CQ. After hours and on holidays the caller should hear an out of office message and be disconnected.

I created an AA resource account SVC-Teams-AA__Service-Desk with an on-premises phone number, and a CQ resource account SVC-Teams-CQ__Service-Desk without phone number.

The problem is, that the caller can see that he is being redirected to the call queue and if he's smart, he will just call the CQ directly, skipping the call routing entirely. He is able to follow the redirection in the client, meaning that he first sees that he called SVC-Teams-AA__Service-Desk  and seconds later he sees SVC-Teams-CQ__Service-Desk.

image.png

After the call is finished he has both call queues in the recent chat view.

image.png

As I explained, this is a major drawback. Any ideas how to hide the routing path from the calling user? He should always and only see the auto attendant he called.

2 Replies
Sorry as I know you posted this some time ago. However as the CQ has no number assigned to it, it should not be possible to call directly.

I have always liked the fact you can visibly see how and by what option a call has made it through. However that is more on the receiver side.

However I have never looked at it from a call being made to an AA internally, just as an external way in.

So not sure if you have got anywhere with this since posting as I can see the need for what you are saying. I will have a play and see what I find.

Thanks

Henry
Yes, you can call CQs without a number via SIP, just not via PSTN.

> I have always liked the fact you can visibly see how and by what option a call has made it through. However that is more on the receiver side.

Yes, the receiver should absolutely see it. But not the caller.

Cheers