How do we export and import Teams Chat Contacts ?

New Contributor

In the teams app under chat we have created a list of contacts.  How do we export and import these Teams Chat Contacts?  Note, we have three Microsoft 365 accounts, so we would like these contacts to be sync'd or at manually sync'd ( eg via export and import).    Thank you  

6 Replies

sorry but that link doesn't address my use case?

@mwilcox1SOD 

Exporting and importing Teams chat contacts can be done in a few steps:

1. In the Teams app, go to the chat tab and select the contacts list.
  2. From there, you can select the contacts you would like to export by clicking on the ellipsis (...) next to their name and selecting "Export contact."
  3. This will download a .vcf file that contains the contact information for the selected contacts.

@tommmy12 

When I click on ... which is beside 'Contacts > favorites '  I have only the option to 1)  'Add a contact to this group, ' or if I select a group I can also only:  Delete the group or Rename the group?    

mwilcox1SOD_1-1674489591497.png

Can anyone send me screen shot of how the Teams Admin can export my teams Chat contacts ?  Thank you !!!

Exporting Teams contacts (from outside the organization) can be done from the Exchange admin center, https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/contacts > Recipients > Contacts