Headset issue

Copper Contributor

I use a Jabra Evolve 40 with MS Teams, for work.

Our laptops are locked down by our employer, and we can not use the USB connection for the headset, and all software is controlled by the enterprise IT department.  Bluetooth is also disabled.

I connect the Jabra to the laptop by the 3.5 mm jack. I can hear people fine, but when in a Teams meeting(with a group), people can't hear me very well - they say I sound distant. If I have a 1 on 1 MS Teams call, people can hear me fine.

I can't figure it out. Why would one on one have different mic volume than in a group Teams meeting?

I assume that it is a teams setting, as there is no settings changes for the Jabra if using the 3.5 mm jack. I have tried other headsets with 3.5mm connection, and get the same result.

The teams client is version 1.6.00.376 (64 bit)

2 Replies
Sounds as if the mic may not be selected on the Jabra.
Choosing a Certified Headset for Microsoft Teams users is unbeatable and solves all sound issues related to the headset because it supported the Satin CODEC to transmit speech over the internet and catalyzed the voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP) industry for high-quality (plug & play) audio at ultra-low bandwidth of 6 kbps where NON-Teams certified devices do not support it. Here is the detailed guide: https://www.headphonesadvice.com/blog/best-microsoft-teams-headset/