SOLVED

Getting back a Teams device that was manually removed in Teams admin center

Copper Contributor

While troubleshooting issues with device enrollment in Intune, a Teams device (specifically a Logitech Tap Scheduler Teams panel) was manually removed via the Teams admin center (TAC) by selecting the check mark for the device and clicking “Remove”.

We were able to resolve the issues we had getting the device correctly enrolled in Intune (although removing it from TAC turned out to be unnecessary). All the functionally of the device itself is there, and it shows up correctly in Azure AD and Endpont Manager. The device is compliant, and the Teams room resource account can log in. The account is assigned a Teams room licence.

Based on the documentation, I assumed the device would be automatically re-added to the list of Teams panels in TAC once it got reconnected. However, the device is still missing from the list and I can't figure out how to get it back.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I managed to solve the issue. Apparently the device had previously been signed into with another Teams room service account. This created a new device object that was still active even after switching account on the device. I believe that because the old device object was active, the TAC kept the device marked as removed.

By first logging out of the device, deleting both the old and new device objects in Endpoint Manager, and then logging back in, it reappeared in the list of devices in TAC after a few minutes.

@bahind Can you please tell me more about the enrollment issue you had and the resolution for it? I am having one as well which causes our device to show error in Teams: Couldn't enroll in Intune. Try again, or contact your admin.
After the prompt the device logs out.
Is it in any way similar to what you had?

I don’t' think you're experiencing the same issue I had. I received no error message, and I was able to enroll the device and remain logged in. My only issue was that the device wouldn’t appear in the list of devices in Teams admin center.

Hi @Dave_MZ
i'm experiencing the same problem you have / had. Tap scheduler worked but suddenly i always get the same error for every user in 1 tenant. Did you manage to solve it?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I managed to solve the issue. Apparently the device had previously been signed into with another Teams room service account. This created a new device object that was still active even after switching account on the device. I believe that because the old device object was active, the TAC kept the device marked as removed.

By first logging out of the device, deleting both the old and new device objects in Endpoint Manager, and then logging back in, it reappeared in the list of devices in TAC after a few minutes.

View solution in original post