Difficult to Add a Dropbox to a Team Channel - Files Not Sorted

Copper Contributor

January 3 2020

Adding to my message, is anyone else out there using Dropbox For Teams and trying to use it with Microsoft Teams for storage? I have clients who want to use Dropbox, so I need to make this work more efficiently.

I need to add a specific folder from Dropbox to a channel in teams. I go to the team channel, and select Files | +Add Cloud Storage | Dropbox  and receive an unsorted list of folders with no means to sort, search or filter them. Based on this, I would have to manually search through them to find the one I need, which is not an option. 

Is anyone from Microsoft on this board? If this is normal behavior, when will it be made functional? 

Here is the dialog box I receive when I try the above action. 

This is the dialog I get - any ideas?This is the dialog I get - any ideas?

4 Replies

Has no one tried to do this before? Add Dropbox for Teams as a cloud storage option for Teams files in a channel? 

Does it appear as it does for me in the picture, a long list of folders with no opportunity to search or sort? Leaving this the way it is smacks of the old Microsoft; making it tough for competitors to integrate with Windows or MSFT services. 

This makes no sense to me, please try it if you can and let me know what I may be doing wrong. 

@DCristofaro I face the same issue and it's been that way since Teams came out.  It's a pretty awful integration that I can only assume is purposely bad.

@scottdavidlowe It is amazing to me that this obvious failure to provide support for Dropbox users is generally ignored by everyone. Is it OK that MSFT just not support other cloud-based storage options? 

I have never bothered with Google Docs in the past, but I am getting there. 

Is anyone from Microsoft paying any attention to these boards?

@DCristofaro I don't hate myself enough yet to move to Google.

OneDrive is ok... not great, but is workable.  That said, I do believe Microsoft's integrations should actually work and not be advertised until they do, and Dropbox does not.