Chat icon missing

Brass Contributor

Hi,

as far as i know you can host up to 250 attendees in a meeting. What we are experiencing is that chat icon is missing after attendee exceed 100 users.

Is this a know issue or are there any policy settings?

I logged in to same meeting and I also don't have chat icon. I was user 197. Other people report chat is available for them. Please look at the attached file.

I don't have any issue with other meetings i have joined so far today, but those have not exceed 10 users.

7 Replies

@Off2w0rk We had the similar experience earlier today in a meeting. Some did see the meeting cha icon and some did not.

Was this à Channel Meeting?

Hi,

no this is a Team meeting created in Outlook.

As far as i can see, there is a limit of 100 in private chat, but this is not a case.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams

Not sure if Teams meeting has same limit?

No, it has not. I can tell you I have participated in meetings with more than 100 people and no problems with the Chat

@Juan Carlos González Martín But are you sure that nobody had a problem? As I can see, this seems to be random. We had a meeting with 115 person and we were able to track roughly about 10 person that did not have chat at all in that meeting, but others did. 

@Loukkis, glad we are not the only company having the issue. Have a case with Microsoft support, but they are totally off in their questions back and keep asking questions i already answered to.

I have joined many meetings, but only one that has more than 100 users. Those have been fine and chat is available. Issue only occurs we join meeting with over 100 users. The first 100 users who entered the meeting can chat, those entering after number 100 or so don't have the chat icon.

The only limit i can see is in private chat, which has limit of 100. This meeting is normal meeting created in Outlook - New Team meeting.

All meeting policy does not have Chat disabled.

After Microsoft moved their cloud support to India, the experience has been really really bad. 10/10 cases are useless support and total waste of time!

@Off2w0rk it happen to my user, she can connected as 77 out of 150 people ! and to an other other too