SOLVED

Cant change Team picture !!

Copper Contributor

Microsoft Teams - Error message "We're still setting up your team, you can change your picture when we're done." when attempting to change team picture.

Tried everything I found in all chats HELP very annoying 

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.06.53 PM.png

31 Replies
It's only a issue with the free version - there's no solution - I've also looked
How old is the team?

Try logging out/in if the client.
Try changing the picture on the web client or mobile
It's not only an issue with Free version, it also happen with the Paid one. The solution is to wait some time (Some minutes) until it's possible to upload the picture.

This is a big issue because it also wont generate an email address for the general channel !!! @thomascarrera168 

I tried both ! All 3 teams I

created all do the same thing they are 24 hrs old. @adam deltinger 

I’m sorry to hear! As said there’s some ongoing issues and delays in the service as of now. Just wait some more I guess
Still same issue?

@adam deltinger 

got the same problem for nearly one month now...
can't change the Team picture + there are no email adresses of channels set :\

If you recently setup Microsoft Team, you need to wait.
It also happens if you are login as Guest and not with Microsoft Account.
Also check with Microsoft Team admin and see if there is any health issue with Team.
If problem persist, contact support.

In my case it's nearly one month now that the Team exists.
I'm on free version of Teams at the moment, so there is no Admin I could consult.

@thomascarrera168 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@thomascarrera168 It's a bug in the Teams client-side HTML/JavaScript UI. Luckily the desktop client of Teams (it's Electron-based) shares the UI logic with the web client, so the workaround is simple.  In your web browser, go to https://teams.microsoft.com/, login as the owner of your Team, get to the Change Picture dialog, press F12 to go to the browser's F12 Developer Tools, then in the web page's HTML view find and remove the "disable" attribute from both the "Upload Picture" link and the "Save" button (and their parents elements). I've just managed to change and save the icon like that:

f12-tools.PNG

This is awesome ! THANKS :)

but I cant find the spot in all that script. Any help how I can locate it. @noseratio 

Why would they not fix this ?

@thomascarrera168 in a browser, right-click on the disabled button ("Upload Picture" or "Save") and choose "Inspect" from the context menu, it will get your right there. A basic knowledge of HTML is required. I don't know why they would not fix it, but I've send them a message on twitter. 

That's incredible. Worked perfectly, thanks!

Worked like a charm!! @noseratio 

@noseratio 

Dude, I can "inspect" the upload picture, remove "disabled" and then upload a picture. 
Just as you said. 
But I cannot "inspect" the 'Save' button. It is greyed out, and nothing happens when I right-click.
My other strategy was to scroll down the html...in the right hand column...but I cannot find the relevant script for this 'Save' button. 

Therefore I cannot save the uploaded picture. I can only select 'Close' and the picture is lost. Help!

@Shai100 the Save button can be enabled in exactly the same way as the Upload link, i.e. by removing "disabled=..." attribute. In Chrome, If you right click the disabled Save button and choose "Inspect", it should get you there:

save.png

Thanks for the swift reply.
Unfortunately that was the point I was making. The ‘Save’ button does not show ‘inspect’ or indeed any menu when I right click it... :thinking_face:

@Shai100 wrote:
Thanks for the swift reply.
Unfortunately that was the point I was making. The ‘Save’ button does not show ‘inspect’ or indeed any menu when I right click it... :thinking_face:

This is odd. Are you indeed running it in a browser as https://teams.microsoft.com?

What if you try the Find tool of F12 tools (the Mouse Cursor icon, or Ctrl+Shift+C in Chrome's F12 toolbar)? You should be able to inspect literally any element of any website.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@thomascarrera168 It's a bug in the Teams client-side HTML/JavaScript UI. Luckily the desktop client of Teams (it's Electron-based) shares the UI logic with the web client, so the workaround is simple.  In your web browser, go to https://teams.microsoft.com/, login as the owner of your Team, get to the Change Picture dialog, press F12 to go to the browser's F12 Developer Tools, then in the web page's HTML view find and remove the "disable" attribute from both the "Upload Picture" link and the "Save" button (and their parents elements). I've just managed to change and save the icon like that:

f12-tools.PNG

View solution in original post