Camera Greyed Out

Deleted
Not applicable

Hey

So i recently downloaded the Microsoft Teams app to start studying online, Everything seems fine, However.

I can't access the camera for some reason, It never asked me for permission anyways.

Things i've tried:

1-Re-Installing Microsoft Teams.

2-Updated Webcam Drivers.

3-Updated to the latest MacOS X Version.

4-Went to System Preferences, Security&Privacy, Camera. But Microsoft Teams wasn't in there.

I'm looking forward to your help

3 Replies
Hi,

Do you by any chance have any web cam software on your machine that presents a virtual instance of your cam?

Presume it works outside of Teams?

Does it work in the browser at Teams.Microsoft.com ?

In Teams, after clicking your profile icon and settings. Could you screenshot how the camera preview section shows please? If you could start up say a meet now and go into device settings and show what it shows for camera there too please?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Hey, Sorry for the late response.

I use my android phone as a cam by the way, Just to be clear.

It did work outside of teams, Only on the webpage of discord, Not the app.

I dont have my phone on me right now, I'm a bit busy but im pretty sure it would work on the teams browser since it asked me for the camera permission, You see. In the app they never asked me for the camera permission.

Here's your screenshot:

Hi @Deleted ,

Oh wow, never even thought of that as a Camera option. Will have a play with my own Android phone if I get the chance.

Has this ever worked? As to me it sounds like more of a, if you can get it to work great but it will be far from a recommended setup. Not to say that it shouldn't work but you might struggle support wise.

Will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks

Henry