SOLVED

Broken Picture in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello

We have a problem that appears quite often in the sense that when I attach a picture in the chat I get a broken picture and I can't open it. Does anyone else face this problem?

Thank you,

Claudiu

4 Replies

Hi @ClaudiuA 

Which device did you use to post the image? Are you using the browser or Desktop client to access the image?

1. Try a different browser.
2. Clear your browser image cache.
3. Do you get the same result when you send an image from Desktop client?

best response confirmed by ClaudiuA (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ClaudiuA Hi Claudiu - Assuming you are pasting the picture off the clipboard into the chat rather than attaching the picture as an upload, I had this problem too. I'm not sure of the cause but presumably something to do with the format of the picture in the clipboard.

A workaround is to paste the picture somewhere else first, then copy and paste it into Teams e.g. Get picture from website, copy and paste into PowerPoint, then copy and paste from PowerPoint into Teams. FYI a blank Outlook email, seemed to work as an intermediary too :)

Hello, I get the same result in the Desktop Client. Sorry I didn't mention that above

I have the same problem whenever I add an image to a chat, although I am able to view the image when I click on it. 

ShereeCl_1-1607639557733.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ClaudiuA (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ClaudiuA Hi Claudiu - Assuming you are pasting the picture off the clipboard into the chat rather than attaching the picture as an upload, I had this problem too. I'm not sure of the cause but presumably something to do with the format of the picture in the clipboard.

A workaround is to paste the picture somewhere else first, then copy and paste it into Teams e.g. Get picture from website, copy and paste into PowerPoint, then copy and paste from PowerPoint into Teams. FYI a blank Outlook email, seemed to work as an intermediary too :)

View solution in original post