How to update win 10 version

Iron Contributor

Hi all

I was wondering if you can help, I have a few devices that are on a 2004 release build of windows 10 and I need this updating. I have set a feature update policy and set the update ring policy (Feature update deferral period) to 0 however this hasn't worked where am I going wrong?

ABill1_0-1671015665205.png

ABill1_1-1671015665316.png

Please help!

7 Replies
What groups do you include for assigning these, and are the excluded groups?
For start, look at the deadline settings. Another thing I will recommend checking is whether the update ring policy is applying on the endpoints or not.

Any update ?

Hi been working with Micrsoft support however they cant resolve it as they have said everything looks correct / testing things.

They have suggested I contact Windows support
Ok, what I did have at another customer is that the Telemetry settings were too low. Because of that, the clients didn't report back with all details, and the feature upgrade didn't start. Not sure which versions were involved, it could be earlier than version 2004.
How do I do this?

We are on 22H2 which is what we want to get to windows 11 now

It seems to be changed starting from 1903, https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-configure-wufb.

But you have a few older 2004 versions of WIndows 10 which you want to update to Windows 11 straight away?