SOLVED

Take a Test app

Brass Contributor
Has anyone worked with the Take a Test app yet? I like the idea of this, but have yet to work out some details. I've created a quiz in Forms, but cannot find the checkbox to create the link in "lockdown mode". (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edu/windows/create-tests-using-microsoft-forms) Additionally, once the quiz is open in the app and the form submitted, how does one exit the app and return to "normal mode"? Thanks!
34 Replies

You can use this link.

ms-edu-secureassessment:<URL>!enforceLockdown

When you replace <URL> for the url to the Form .

A student can click on the link or you can make a shortcut to the link and the computer will go to the take a test

Maurits Knoppert

Thanks for this info!

However it is not working when using it together with Forms :(

We use ADFS, when trying to log in, the redirect to our ADFS fails with a message that the device has no network connection.

It is working if we use asimple url:

ms-edu-secureassessment:http://www.microsoft.com!enforceLockdown

Bart

think that it is something with that only members of the organisation can make the test and the ADFS.

You can try it to set it to anyone with a link.

But for a test it is not the best way to work.

MAurits

It does work with an "anonymous link", but it really defeats the purpose if you can't capture the identity of the test person.

Maurits, you are correct, that does work, but I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for our teachers and having to add that to every URL is going to be a barrier to adoption. I read in the Technet article that there was a checkbox to enable this when sharing the form, but I don't see any kind of check box during the share process. That would be ideal - if Forms can automatically append the URL to open it in Test Mode.
It appears that Ctrl-Alt-Del is the only way to exit the app. It works, but seems like a very ungraceful exit and is not clear that this is the only way out. Am I missing something?

@Bart Vermeersch wrote:

It does work with an "anonymous link", but it really defeats the purpose if you can't capture the identity of the test person.

I totally agree. But I can't give you any answer about getting it working with ADFS. I think that is the real problem.

@John Rorke wrote:
It appears that Ctrl-Alt-Del is the only way to exit the app. It works, but seems like a very ungraceful exit and is not clear that this is the only way out. Am I missing something?

No, you don't miss anything. Ctrl-Alt-Del is the way to shutdown the take a test app. 

John,

I have read the same thing and now I understand your question. This new for me. The last time I read this blog this part wasn't there. So maybe there will soon  be an update in forms to show us the secure checkbox.

Hi @Nakul Madaan can you give an update about this question? In the technet articel there must be a checkbox in the settings from a form to open the automatically in the take a test app.

But we can't see this setting. When will this be updated?

Thanx

Mauirts Knoppert

I have shared this thread with our Take a test PM, she will get back on this tread with more details.
Nakul, have you head anything more on this? Thanks!

Hello @Nakul Madaan Can you share some more information about this option? 

best response confirmed by John Rorke (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi folks. I'm the PM for Take a Test and I work with the Forms team on the checkbox everyone is mentioning here. Currently, the checkbox is not fully released to the general public and only enabled for a select few tenants. If you are interested in trying the feature out and providing feedback, please send me a message with your tenant name (e.g user@contoso.org). I'd love to pick your brain to see how we can improve the experience before we release it to everyone.

Hello Andy. I just send you a message.

Maurits

Hi!

I recently created and had students take a Forms quiz through their class OneNote.  It worked well.  But, I need a secure environment.  The students' tablets DON'T have the "Take A Test" app.  And, my District has restricted any downloads to the tablets.

Does anyone have suggestions? 

I've played with the:  

ms-edu-secureassessment:<URL>!enforceLockdown

But, I can't "insert a link" this to the class Onenoe (links start with Http.....)

Not sure if I could use this anyway because student tablets' don't have the Take A Test app.

HELP

Hi Andy,

Would LOVE to try that checkbox upgrade to Forms. I have tried adding the ms-assessment stuff but its not working.

Sorry JKMink@DadeSchools.net

or 209318@DadeSchools.net

I've had the same issue. Are you using the online version of OneNote?

I've found that just about any of the web apps will force the http prefix - effectively killing the Take a Test feature.

We use OneNote 2016 exclusively and it works just fine there.

Hope this helps!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Rorke (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi folks. I'm the PM for Take a Test and I work with the Forms team on the checkbox everyone is mentioning here. Currently, the checkbox is not fully released to the general public and only enabled for a select few tenants. If you are interested in trying the feature out and providing feedback, please send me a message with your tenant name (e.g user@contoso.org). I'd love to pick your brain to see how we can improve the experience before we release it to everyone.

View solution in original post