SOLVED

MS Forms "Schnellimport"("Quick import") - formatting

Copper Contributor

Hello all

I have found a formatting that allows me to convert Word documents to MS Forms via "quick import" quite reliably.
1 field is still missing to my happiness: "Message to those who select this field" (german: "Nachricht an diejenigen, die dieses Feld auswählen") - the one where you can "append" to the single choice options in single - and multiple choice questions.

Does anyone know how I have to format my template so that this field is also taken over correctly?

Many thanks from Switzerland

6 Replies
I've been trying to find this very thing. I find it odd that there is a way to format/template a form for import and faster form creation but, no official list on how to do this. It would at least be nice to get an explanation on how to template a word doc so that less errors/faster form creations.

@DaNurseNamedAl:  

Thanks for your message. Single choice questions work pretty well. I just used Word style sheets consistently for titles etc:

Zwischenablage01.png

• Name des Forms: This is a title. This text becomes the title of the form
  • Frage 1: This is "Heading 1", no idea how this is worded in English. This becomes the text of the question in Forms.
  • a. Antwort 2 : This is "Heading 2". This becomes the text of answer option 1 in Forms.

So the import works smoothly. It will automatically generate single-choice questions. i don't think it is intended to support other question types as well.
It is also important to leave several lines of space between questions.

As written in my post, I don't have an approach yet to access the "Message to those who select this field" field.
If someone can fix it with the template; perfect!
If I need some code; I understand Python and am looking for a project to learn PowerAutomate or even PowerShell ;)

Thanks& Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I’am sorry that you are having trouble but you can import and convert your existing Word or PDF surveys or quizzes, on your local hard drive, directly into Microsoft Forms. You can also review and edit the form or quiz in Microsoft Forms before you send it out. Please follow this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/convert-a-word-or-pdf-form-or-quiz-to-microsoft-forms-66b...

Have a unbeatable day.

best response confirmed by MarTeu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can also have the answer picked. Like,

What is Switzerland's Capitol?
A. Moscow
B. Washington DC
C. Tokyo
D. Bern
ANS: D

This will make your import check D for the correct answer.
Thanx for your answer, that's helpful!
How did you find out the "ANS" -thing?
Probably I could find there the keyword for the comments as well.
Hmm, Bing-Chatbot also speaks about the keywords "POINTS" and "FEEDBACK" but I was not capable to find a template form that works.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MarTeu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can also have the answer picked. Like,

What is Switzerland's Capitol?
A. Moscow
B. Washington DC
C. Tokyo
D. Bern
ANS: D

This will make your import check D for the correct answer.

View solution in original post