MS Form - Add to home screen links not working

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have a form created that is opened to all to fill out (No auth required) . When creating a link to it, wether a direct link or QR code, it loads up fine on IOS devices (safari). The issue is when wanting to save that form (or any form for that matter) as a home screen shortcut on the IOS device, the link that IOS is trying to save, isn't specific to that form, but rather to the very general forms.office.com website. When creating the shortcut, we can't modify the link, and makes the home screen shortcut useless.

We tried the same thing on Android, and we encounter the exact same issue.

28 Replies
Well done.

@MattBee 

There is another work around which is to turn off wifi and mobile internet, scan the QR code, when the browser (safari in this case) opens the link but it can't load the page, save that to the home screen and then re-enable wifi and mobile internet. 

It doesn't look pretty and isn't intuitive but does work - it does also make me look like I've got a rubbish solution

Hello,
We have encountered this same issue with a new created form.
Although helpful, seeing this thread is very upsetting. I moved us from Qualtrics to forms as it was much easier for our teams when rounding or completing observations.
I see that this thread started in December, have there been any updates or intentions to roll back this functionality?

Or you can scan the qr code while in airplane mode, add the link to Home page and it works

We're no longer using Google MS forms

@MarcLaroche hi I noticed this issue today and found a work around. Save the Ms form as a bookmark and then create a shortcut that says open bookmark (select the from list). You can edit the bookmark name and icon and then there is an add to home screen option. It works just a quickly as saving the bookmark to home screen.

Thanks, might be one of the easier workarounds, but remains more complicated then we'd like for our industrial environment end-users.

@MarcLaroche 

They are probably trying to get us to migrate to Windows Phone 8

:lol:

It's possible that there's an issue with the browser you're using, so trying a different browser may help. 4. Try accessing the Forms link from a different device. If you have access to another device, try accessing the link from that device to see if the issue is related to your device or network