Failed to upload your file in Teams Quiz Form

Copper Contributor

We have just started using 365 for our school.  I am testing the Teams assignments/quiz functionality.  I've created a quiz in Teams, where a student needs to upload a file.  However when a student tries the quiz, they keep getting the "Failed to upload your file" message.  Interestingly, when they open the Form directly (not in Teams-Quiz), they can upload the file. 

Please help!  This is for a foreign language class, so students need to upload their handwritten work. 

28 Replies

@Al_Shawcross 

Thank you.

Fingers crossed. 

We will be waiting for the complete package instead of working in group forms again. Is the form to make us easy or complex?

Hi @NiSTha ,

The forms are pretty easy to make, just make sure you select "new quiz" not "new form", they look almost identical but forms don't have some of the functionality.  If you avoid the upload type questions it's very easy to share them between colleagues and they seem to work well for our students.

I appreciate your suggestion, 

but some school they really need student to upload answer, such as answers with mathematical descriptive questions, formula based calculation all cant be don on text typing , we are concern about this issue. @Al_Shawcross 

Hi @mijawidnazir,

If you follow @luismi77 excellent video and just do this once for each of your Teams you'll then be able to use upload type questions in future without having to go through the same process again.  I'm in a Physics department so we have the same concerns as you but have been using the multiple choice and text based questions. 

For example, a circular motion quiz based on past papers, multiple choice questions to start and entering text towards the end:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?fragment=FormId%3DyailXmpUak-kTNUsI0VxvEIwDQMLkaVBqAt...

Al

@Al_Shawcross 

Exactly.

That is what we all teachers are doing and facing the same repeated activities. Could you find the simpler way?

Dear @Al_Shawcross 

Thank you for the response.

Our team is also preparing the quizzes questions easily. But we also want out students to involve in their written works. So, we need a suitable and reliable method for it. 

Regards.

Dear @mijawidnazir 

Thanks for the support. 

But I am sorry to say the solution does not help us at all. We need a SIMPLER method if there is. Is there any one that have found a complete solution, like changing the settings in OneDrive or so?

@mijawidnazirthanks a lot..I've tried and it works! 

Thanks a lot @mijawidnazir for the very clear tutorial. However, when I try to add a question in the test under Group forms, the option "File upload" is not clickable...  Any idea why this happen and how to solve it?