Does the QR Code change in MS Forms?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We are using MS Forms and have embedded the QR Codes into PDF documents for Customers to scan as they enter the premises. This was working well until yesterday but, now, when Customers scan the PDF it says the Form does not exist.

I verified the Form does exist and checked the QR Code generated under 'Share'. The QR Code is different to what it was before. Any ideas why this would happen? 

One of the Forms was updated last Wednesday but was working fine up until yesterday. Other Forms which have not been amended started having the same issue this very morning. 

8 Replies

This was a query from a Customer and I can find nothing online about this behaviour. Just to be clear, this is not the Collaborate link, this is the URL and QR Code generated under 'Send and Collect Responses'. I cannot figure out why this has changed. 

The Customer has 23 Forms and 22 have changed. If a change is made to the Form, does the system think the Form is a 'new firm' and change the URL? That seems odd to me when dealing with publicly shared URL's / QR Codes in documentation and customer correspondence. 

Is anyone able to shed any light on this? The Customer is understandably nervous about using Forms in this way if the Code will change without warning. 

Hello @Colzer, I have the same problem : my customer has a lot of forms, and the QR codes are obsolete. I'm asking help to the ms hotline.

Hello @somore74

Sorry to hear you have the same issue. I am raising a ticket with MS as well. Do let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
Colzer

Hello

We encountered the same problem. Did you get an answer?

Best regards,

Fabien

Hello @fabcoss,

Unfortunately I have no answer as yet.

Hi @somore74,

How did you get on with Microsoft?

Thanks,
Colin

Hi @Colzer Hi @fabcoss 

Unfortunatly, Microsoft did'nt propose any solution. 

My customer had to rebuild all the qr code. 

I'm sorry that I can't help.

Hi @somore74,

Thank you for the update. I just had a similar experience. MS can see it has changed but they are unable to explain why. Customer lost confidence so having to look at alternatives. Shame really.

Cheers,
Colzer

@Colzer Also started experiencing the same thing.

We are using it for lead  generation. 

It is currently directing customers to QRStuff.com which we do not have any business with. 

Are they associated with Microsoft?

SSQ88_0-1674812297297.jpeg