Allow respondents to edit their responses in Forms created in Group Form

Copper Contributor

My form was first created under my personal form and the feature to allow respondents to edit their responses was working fine. After I've moved my form to Group Form, my users were not able to edit their forms anymore.

Is there a solution to enable back that feature under Group Form?

Can pls help and advise? I don't wish to re-create the form again as there are 100+ submissions already.

Thank you.

5 Replies

@PaulineTP it's not possible yet to allow users to edit a group form. There is a request for it here which you can vote for on the official Microsoft Feedback Portal.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP UK (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Rob_Elliott 

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way to revert back to the personal form so that all my users can edit their responses?

Now they are stuck as some of them submitted their responses thinking that they can continue to edit the next time. But now they can edit at all :(

@PaulineTP no, unfortunately a group form cannot be moved back to a personal form. You'll need to duplicate the form and that will put the copy in as a personal form, but it doesn't copy the responses already submitted.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP UK (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

or is there a way to copy the submitted responses to another form?

@PaulineTP no there isn't a way to copy the already-submitted responses to another form. This won't be of any help but is maybe something for you to think about for the future; all this is the reason that in my company, for each form we always build a flow in Power Automate to save each response as it comes in into a SharePoint list. Then if the form has an error or in a situation like yours we still have a separate record of all the responses, and if we need to build a new form we can just amend the flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos