Distribution lists created in 365

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have created in dissolution group in 365 and added external email addresses to it. This would be like a bulk email list then the group name added in the BCC feild in outlook. But is there a way I can edit the emails and remove from this grounp directly in outlook.. this would easier for end user who hasn’t got access to 365 admin.

Thank you for you help 

18 Replies

if you want to add members to the distribution list from outlook , you can do that if your an owner on this distribution list 

@eliekarkafy , what do you mean here ?

is there another way of doing this with using 365 admin, so a user in outlook can manage the list ?

thank you 

@andy471100 yes you can do that from outlook, follow those steps: 

1. open the address book.
  2. navigate to the distribution list. 
  3. right on it and choose properties. 
  4. click on modify members and add the members to it 

make sure that the user that needs to modify distributions list needs to have the right access permissions or to be the owner of the DL

Capture.PNG

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

Thank you , so with this I create the DL list external users in 365 then I can modify above using outlook address book add and remove as needed? Is that right ?
Yes , Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

I’m in outlook app how would I find address book, and how would I make owner of the DL so that I can add / remove email address directly in the outlook app address book

@andy471100 you can open the address book from her 

Capture.PNG

you need to add the owner to the DL from O365 admin portal

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

@andy471100 

Distribution list owner are able to do so

Hi ,
Thank you , but the user would like to type in new external addresses into the address book, editing the list , can this be done just using the outlook address book and the DL and not via 365 ?
Correct

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.
Ok so can the user add new email address , typing in manually?can you sceeenshot this ? For a user to add .
Thanks
I have created a DL list for user via 365 portal, standard user would like to add external new email address using outlook app, how can they do that please ?
set them as owner on this DL and they can control it via outlook as explained before
They are set as owner , when chick address book in outlook , click modify they can remove , but can’t see where they can new new external email by typing it in and saving to list ? Can you detail in screenshot please ? Having trouble finding .
Thanks

@andy471100 check in yellow  . they need to click add and then add the email to the DL

Capture.PNG

Yes, but where would they type in the email address to add into the current DL ? Then the list would be updated with the new email address included? Would they add a new contact manually in the address book, then modify the DL list , and find the contact ?
Yes correct. add the contact in the address book and then you can add it to the DLs