SOLVED

Payroll Spreadsheet

Copper Contributor

I need to create a payroll spreadsheet that I can organize by day of the week, Thursday thru Wednesday with each employees name listed under each day, the column would be how many hours they worked that day, and I would need the column to automatically multiply the number of hours by the hourly rate that each individual employee earns, I'm new to excel, please help.  I have attached the very basic version that I've been having to use in word, excel doing the calculations would be much faster and more accurate.

Thanks so much !!!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by melody1024 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @melody1024 ,

take a look at the attached file. It has a lookup table with people's names and their rates and a data entry table with columns for date, name, rate (which is looked up by a formula), hours and line total (which is calculated by multiplying hours with rate.

You can enter new data in the immediate next row below the table (don't leave any gaps or blank rows) and then the formulas will automatically copy to the new row. 

If you want to build a report for a certain time frame, there are several possibilities, i.e. filtering the data entry table, building a pivot table, using formulas, and more. 

Get started with the data entry aspect and then tackle the reporting part.

Thank you soooooooo much!!!!!

@Ingeborg Hawighorst 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by melody1024 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @melody1024 ,

take a look at the attached file. It has a lookup table with people's names and their rates and a data entry table with columns for date, name, rate (which is looked up by a formula), hours and line total (which is calculated by multiplying hours with rate.

You can enter new data in the immediate next row below the table (don't leave any gaps or blank rows) and then the formulas will automatically copy to the new row. 

If you want to build a report for a certain time frame, there are several possibilities, i.e. filtering the data entry table, building a pivot table, using formulas, and more. 

Get started with the data entry aspect and then tackle the reporting part.

View solution in original post