Surface Hub Creators Edition - error retrieving scheduled meetings

Steel Contributor

I just installed Creators Edition.  When I sign in with my credentials I'm getting a message "There was an error retrieving your scheduled meetings.".  I can see my recent files, and the Surface Hub is able to get the resource calendar meetings.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

34 Replies

I am having the same issue.  I also get the error below that says that there wan an error retrieving my recent files.

Yes, we're also seeing the same error.  Beginning to wonder if it was just us, but by the sounds of it it's a larger issue beyond our config.
Just applied the latest updates release the past week, still no change.

We can see the recent files, we just get an error in the meetings section.  I submitted a case for this and I was informed that the meetings will only display for users who have mailboxes homed on Exchange Online.  It does not work for mailboxes homed on premise.  

I asked for on prem mailboxes to be added to a future update.  

Same error appears when using Exchange Online also...

I am also seeing the same message. Anyone from Microsoft here in Community comment on this? 

Hi David! Thank you for sharing your resolution with the rest of the community. Always the best path to find out about new issues where the community hasn't had a ton of experience with is by calling Customer Support.

Hi Darwin, please contact us directly using our Customer Support numbers and the team will be able to look at your case and provide assistancce.

That's where I got the answer - but I always tend to ask the community first before burning Premier hours...

Same Issue here...

Calendar meetings and recent file are displayed well, but i can't open the files. allways the hub or the app ask again for my credential and after it tell me the file are locked, in work or i haven't the access rights...

Hi Ralph,

please contact our Surface Hub support engineers, they will be able to diagnose and triage your issue.

Nydia

Hmm similar issue here as well. Has anyone managed to sign in at all? Seems a bit odd to roll out such a big change and for it to not work! – If we sign in using our first.last@domain.etc we get re-directed to our ADFS sign in, but when we sign in, we get the error “Something Went Wrong – We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to org resources may be limited”. Once we clear that message we can see some ‘Recent Files’ but we are unable to open them. What are the pre-reqs for this functionality? Also, for some reason we keep getting the Chime notification 'There's no internet connection./ Please contact you support person for help.' which is false because Edge can access the internet without issue.... Anyone else also got this issue?

So folks

I got news for this Issues. Microsoft engenieers works hard to make a fix.

but i got also a workaround from Microsoft engenieers, whitch have works for our Surface HUB - okay we only have one of them..

If you make a complet factory reset (needs since the creators update only 1-2h) all functionality of the hub will restore and you are able to open your last files without problems.

Hi,

I have the same issue.

The account is on Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online, with E5 license

Hans

I am also expereicning the really annoying issue of "No Internet Connection" although access i fine. Assuming this is a bug?

I contacted Microsoft Support on this issue.  We were able to resolve it by using a provisioning package to install our root certificates rather than using the certificates tab in the Settings area.  I was told that the device only uses the certificates from the certificates tab while doing user-level operations.

Are your mailboxes hosted in Exchange on premise or in Exchange Online?

After contacting Microsoft, they have made me aware that this is a known bug and a update to resolve this should be expected by mid-September.

There is a workaround that involves changing the language setting to US English from UK English. I have tested this and can confirm this works.

This can be changed by going to Settings -> Time and Language -> Region and language. Underneath Language delete UK English and add US English.

I can confirm this fixes the issue.
My Hub was set to English (Australian), and I found that setting "English (US)" as the default language followed by a reboot got it working.
Although I didn't need to remove English (Australian).

Are your mailboxes hosted in Exchange on premise or in Exchange Online?