Windows 11 and OneDrive Hanging File Explorer

Copper Contributor

Are there any documented issues with Microsoft OneDrive where the explorer.exe window becomes unresponsive during file syncing? The problem only arises when items inside folders are still syncing with the cloud; otherwise, explore acts as expected. My troubleshooting process has involved signing out, relinking my Drive account, and reinstalling OneDrive. There has been no improvement.

This system was running OneDrive without issue before a clean OS install. The clean install resolved a system instability between CUDA and the Unreal Gamedev engine but introduced the current issue with OneDrive. 

I am running the latest build of 23H2

3 Replies

I want to clarify one thing.
When the OneDive is actively syncing, all navigation inside the OneDrive Directory will hang. However, if I navigate a folder structure outside of the OneDrive directory when actively syncing, the File Explorer works without any problem.

Pausing Syncing also removes the problem

@izzyaspler Do you use preview pane in windows explorer? 

I do not use Preview, but I do use the Details panel. I have also tried disabling thumbnail generating and clearing all the caches, but no change in behavior, @LMarc1195