Multiple Windows Commercial Perpetual options on CSP

Copper Contributor

Hello, everybody. 

I am a BDM for a cloud solution provider of Microsoft. We have available on our marketplace two (actually three, but one has the same name and different description) versions of  Windows 11 Pro. I don't understand their differences even after reading their description. I tried to read articles on Microsoft Learn, I tried searching for info on this forum, but no luck. 

Can someone who is technical (or at least knowledgeable) enough to explain the differences?  

I will share their description as well hoping someone notices something that I did not. 

1. Windows 11 Pro Commercial Perpetual 
      Title: Windows 11 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business
      Description: 
All the features of Windows 11 Home plus enterprise-grade security, powerful management tools like BitLocker device encryption, and enhanced productivity with remote desktop. Licensed for 1 PC or Mac. This offer is for customers with a Microsoft 365 Business subscription and upgrades a Windows 11 Home device to Windows 11 Pro for the purposes of deploying Microsoft 365 Business.
NOTE: Not all devices running Windows 10 are eligible to receive a Windows 11 upgrade. See the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware.
Installing Windows 11 media on a PC that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements is not recommended and may result in compatibility issues. If you proceed with installing Windows 11 on a PC that does not meet the requirements, that PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to the PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty.

2. Windows 11 Pro Commercial Perpetual
     Title: Windows 11 Pro Upgrade
     Description: 
Windows 11 Pro Upgrade License
Windows 11 Pro is designed for small and medium businesses and enables you to manage your devices and apps, protect your business data, facilitate remote and mobile scenarios, and take advantage of the cloud technologies for your organization. Windows 11 Pro has enterprise-grade security to help protect your data, and it's simple to set up and manage for multiple users. It works across your devices so you can stay mobile and integrates seamlessly with Office 365* -- connecting your team to maximize productivity.
Subscription sold separately
The Windows Pro upgrade license is recommended if you want to:
Upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1/10 to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro
NOTE: See the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware.
Installing Windows 11 media on a PC that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements is not recommended and may result in compatibility issues. If you proceed with installing Windows 11 on a PC that does not meet the requirements, that PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to the PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty.

2. Windows 11 GGWA Commercial Perpetual
     Title 1: Windows GGWA - Windows 11 Pro - Legalization Get Genuine
     Description 1: 

Get Genuine Windows (also known as “GGWA”) legalization solutions assist customers to convert non-genuine Windows operating systems to genuine, to remain compliant and encourage the purchase of genuine Windows pre-installed PCs in the future. GGWA is strictly to help a customer rectify a mis-licensing situation.
Customers may acquire GGWA licenses for the full version of the Windows desktop operating system for devices that require valid Windows licenses. Because GGWA licenses are full licenses for Windows, they do not have a Qualifying OS requirement. GGWA licenses are available only as a one-time purchase, where all units must be placed under a single order. These licenses may not be assigned to devices without a Qualifying OS if such devices are obtained after the customer’s order.
Windows 11 Pro is designed for small and medium businesses. Large organizations should work directly with their Microsoft seller.

Title 2: Windows GGWA - Windows 11 Pro N - Legalization Get Genuine
     Description 2: 
Get Genuine Windows (also known as “GGWA”) legalization solutions assist customers to convert non-genuine Windows operating systems to genuine, to remain compliant and encourage the purchase of genuine Windows pre-installed PCs in the future. GGWA is strictly to help a customer rectify a mis-licensing situation.
Customers may acquire GGWA licenses for the full version of the Windows desktop operating system for devices that require valid Windows licenses. Because GGWA licenses are full licenses for Windows, they do not have a Qualifying OS requirement. GGWA licenses are available only as a one-time purchase, where all units must be placed under a single order. These licenses may not be assigned to devices without a Qualifying OS if such devices are obtained after the customer’s order.
Windows 11 Pro is designed for small and medium businesses. Large organizations should work directly with their Microsoft seller.
Windows 11 Pro N edition includes the same functionality as Windows 11 Pro, except that it does not include certain media related technologies (e.g., Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, Movies and TV) or the Skype app.

I very appreciate your help on this matter. 

Mihai

0 Replies