SOLVED

How to Run Task Manager on Windows 11 (6-Ways)

Iron Contributor

How to Run Task Manager on Windows 11 (6-Ways)How to Run Task Manager on Windows 11 (6-Ways)

A task manager is a system monitor tool that provides information about the processes and programs operating on a computer, as well as the machine's overall state.

Method 1: Run Window
To open the Run window, press Windows+R, then type "taskmgr", and then click "OK" or hit Enter. Task Manager will open up.

Method 2: Ctrl+Shift+Escape
Simply press Ctrl+Shift+Escape on your keyboard to bring up Task Manager.

Method 3: Ctrl+Alt+Delete
On the keyboard, press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete," you will see few options. To open Task Manager, select "Task Manager."

Method 4: Start Button
To open Task Manager, right-click the Start button on the taskbar. Select "Task Manager" from the menu that appears, and Task Manager will be launched.

Method 5: Command Prompt
Open the Command Prompt, type "taskmgr," and press Enter. Task Manager will launch immediately.

Method 6: Start Search
Click the "Start" button and then type "Task Manager" into the search bar. The Task Manager app should be the first result. To open the Task Manager, click on its icon.

63 Replies
They should bring back the right click on task bar option.

@michaelcooke I completely agree.

Microsoft team, we would appreciate you to bring back the Right Click on Taskbar > Task Manager option. This was used heavily and very convenient way to access this function.

Thanks!

@Nathan_Scott 

Try right clicking the windows button on the taskbar, it's available there along with other useful shortcuts.

best response confirmed by ammarjaved (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Of course, Task Manager is a very useful tool and we need to open it from time to time but now it is sad to see that the most convenient option for opening Task Manager (Right-Clicking on Taskbar>Task Manager) has disappeared. I suggest to Microsoft should bring back this option since I am using this way back from Windows XP till Windows 10.
Hey, thanks for mentioning this. Really appreciate the info.
I have been stuck on a app for 18 days tried opening task manager but it didn't open will I ever get out of this app??
follow the above mentioned methods to open task manager
Do you have to be a sixth grade graduate to be an employee at Microsoft, bring back the right click on task bar option! You update Windows and then you make things more difficult I really don't get it...
That only works if you use the Microsoft shell. That is the FIRST thing I disable with a new Windows.
Right? There's no reason for them to have removed that. All it left us with is "taskbar settings" as if that helps, at all.

same as having to go another menu deep to open up properties on files. I feel like I'm running windows mobile where it felt like a skin of Windows 95 over top of windows 3.1
Please replace R-Click on taskbar menu.
Great Information
This does not solve the situation

We know how to open it.

The annoyance is the removal of the right click on the taskbar. Which was removed for… taskbar settings.
Alternatively you can run Task Manager from below Location Under :System32/taskmgr
Again, while I appreciate there are many ways, the fact that they removed the right click in the taskbar is the issue.

Not the how.

It should still be there.
Thank you so much... I was scratching my head and thinking "why can't I open task management by right clicking on the taskbar?".
I don't know why Microsoft changed this... But at least it's still possible.
With each new version of Windows, you make it harder and harder to use. Honestly, the development of this product is of the mindset that things that are easy and powerful should disappear despite the fact that we constantly need to access these things to make the product work properly.

Right-click clock task manager. Right-click Copy/Paste. Right-click anywhere for context menus.

Very out of touch.

Agreed, @Nathan_Scott. Maybe they could also fix the bug that turns a taskbar icon brown at the same time? The icon stays brown until you close and unpinx before pinning again.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ammarjaved (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Of course, Task Manager is a very useful tool and we need to open it from time to time but now it is sad to see that the most convenient option for opening Task Manager (Right-Clicking on Taskbar>Task Manager) has disappeared. I suggest to Microsoft should bring back this option since I am using this way back from Windows XP till Windows 10.

View solution in original post