Tech Community Live: Microsoft Intune
Oct 01 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

God Mode Folder does not Pin Start Menu. The "Right-Click/Pin to Start Menu" option does not work

Copper Contributor

I am unable to Pin the GodMode Folder/App to the Start Menu in Windows 11.

I was able to successfully create the God Mode Folder, and it is currently on my desktop. However, space reasons I would like to add it to my Start Menu. But the normal option to 'Pin to Start Menu' in the Right-Click context menu does not work, (although the option to 'Pin to Quick Access" does work).

The problem is, after clicking on the option to pin to start menu, there is nothing that indicates there is a problem, no error or anything, it just doesn't do anything.

This is a screen shot the GM Shortcuts Folder on my Desktop:

74f8c8a0.png

This is a screen shot of the right-click context menu, with the option to add it to the Start Menu. (Note: the option to Pin Quick Access option works, but again, not the Pin to Start option):

eb8c2931.png

This is my Start Menu screenshot - without the aforementioned GODMODE Shortcuts Folder:

c5d4fa96.png

Then after the above, I next tried to add it to the folder in the start menu C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, but it did not work either. After right-clicking to make a short-cut, nothing happened:

6bf8911c.png

After all that, I dragged that folder-shortcut-thingy on my desktop to the folder for the start menu via the File Explorer. But even with Admin permissions, it didn't work either. Although the GODMODE thingy does reside now in the start menu folder now, it still does not show up on the Start Menu at all: 

68c39023.png

Anything you can do to advise would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies