Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10/11 HOME

Copper Contributor

How can I DISABLE Microsoft Store in Windows 11 HOME?

I can see A LOT of pages telling how to disable it using Local Policies ('Turn Off the Store Application'), but it does not apply to Windows HOME (no Local Policies)

In other cases they refer to EDIT the registry

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore

I have tried several values (RemoveWindowsStore), with no luck

My questions are:

• Does changing that policy values in registry has any effect in Windows HOME, or are they useles? May be they only work with windows versions that uses Local Security Policies...
  • If THEY WORK, what am I doing wrong? I reboot after changing registry, to ensure the possible values are updated.
  • Assuming I can use the 'change registry' approach
    • Could I BLOCK any new install (both through installer and Microsoft Store) in my Windows HOME by setting this other value?HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer (DisableUserInstalls =1)
    • Could I prevent an user to access to Control Panel and Pc Settings by setting this other value?HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer (NoControlPanel =1) 
    • How can I change the USER_CURRENT_USER values of an standard user? To make changes I must run editor through an administrator account credentials, and then the 'current user' is that other account, and I change its values.

Well, I think that are enough questions :)

Thanks!

0 Replies