Disable feature suggestions when opening application

Copper Contributor

See the included picture. I am beyond sick of seeing these dumb pop-ups every time I open Outlook, Word, etc. Ive seen these same pop-ups a million times since they repeat themselves. There has to be a way to disable them. Please advise.  

microsoft popup.png

4 Replies

Hi @ericcarter23,

To disable feature suggestions when opening applications you can use these steps:

1. Open the Office application that you want to disable feature suggestions for.
  2. Click on the File tab.
  3. Click on Options.
  4. Click on General.
  5. In the Feature suggestions section, click on the drop down menu and select Don't show feature suggestions.
  6. Click OK to save your changes.

Here are the specific steps for disabling feature suggestions for example in Outlook with a drop down menu:

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Click on the File tab.
  3. Click on Options.
  4. Click on General.
  5. In the Feature suggestions section, click on the drop down menu and select Don't show feature suggestions.
  6. Click OK to save your changes.

LeonPavesic_0-1698233912891.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@LeonPavesic my general tab doesnt have this setting. see the pic. 

outlook options.png

Hi @ericcarter23,

thanks for the update.

You have a diferent version of Outlook and I can see that you have "Don't show screen tips" allready disabled.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

That does not address my question.

Disabling screen tips is different than disabling feature suggestions. As you can plainly see, I cannot follow your advice of disabling feature suggestions since, as you acknowledged, my version of outlook is different.

Is there not a way to disable feature suggestions in my version of outlook? Im using office365 version 18.2306.1061.0 on Windows 11.