SOLVED

Apple Airpods Bluetooth issue on Windows 11

Copper Contributor

I've just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and got some strange issue on Bluetooth audio. The volume is seem softer than Windows 10 that I must turn the volume to Maximum but it is still too soft.

thinh191_0-1633483751559.png

62 Replies
same here, the sound not comin to the max
Also, I specifically checked the most on a laptop with windows 10. The sound in windows 11 is much quieter
@thinh191
@alfarizoid 

Windows 11 handles audio headsets with a different codec (ACC) than Windows 10. This is what fixed it for me:

Open device manager and uninstall any devices with a name of your AirPods in the following sections: "Audio Inputs and Outputs" / "Bluetooth" / "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

Restart your computer

Reset your AirPods (Open the case and hold the button on the back until and amber light comes on and then goes white again - About 10 seconds)

Pair your AirPods with your computer again
I followed the procedure you listed and it worked just fine for me!
not work to me. So said.
Same issue here. Nothing has fixed it yet

Nothing has worked for me yet either. Airpods pro were working fine with Windows 10 and now no sound will come thru on 11. Tried uninstalling the drivers and repairing them and nothing works. It says they are connected and sound is coming through but it is not. @thinh191 

same here
Same here on Win 11 Pro Verison 22000.282

100% works, thank you@TheSnuffShow 

@thinh191 Go to your computer's Registry Editor, Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click ControlSet001, then click Control, then click Bluetooth, then click Audio, Click AVCRP, and finally click CT. Change "DisableAbsoluteVolume" value from 0 to 1. Restart your computer

In between HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and ControlSet001, go to System
Neither of these fixes has worked.

@thinh191

Bluetooth headsets with no preamp built-in are ALWAYS quiet.

1.) Configure your device first: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208718

2.) Configure the device in the Sound Control Panel MMC Snap-in -> Start -> Run -> MMSYS.CPL

3.) Configure Playback settings to use WASAPI (WaveOut) over DirectSound in your Music Player App

4.) Disable Logarithmic Volume Control in your Music Player App

5.) Optional: Consider a 3rd-party codec pack for Windows: https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

My AirPods pro just stopped working yesterday, I did some testing and it seems that only the headset works when my microphone is active on an app but the sound quality of the airpod's headset is pretty bad. I dont know how to get sound on my headphones for some reason.

I did the latest windows 11 update, I tried unpairing and pairing, I tried updating every audio driver but nothing seems to fix it.

@Phyzzix in Devices Sound under the Microphones tab, remove the Airpods head microphone device. and then the sound will be of high quality.

Still does not work
Same here. After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, my Airpods sound is very low (set to the max)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Melinda Knight (Microsoft)
Solution

@thinh191 

This worked for me:

Go to start ->Run ->MMSYS.CPL

select Playback tab ->then select the airpods pro (highlight) ->and click properties

In the 'headphones' properties dialog box --> select Enhancement tab --> select Loudness Equalization (tick mark)

Now click Apply and OK.

View solution in original post