SOLVED

Custom video layout

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am developing a web application that enable users to take video call. During the video call, I need custom layout for buttons (ex: leave/stop the call, start/stop/pause recording, start/stop screen sharing,...), show custom chat windows (we will develop UI and use Teams as service), show custom participants' video stream (we develop UI, and expect to get local/remote video streams of participants and show on the designed UI). Basically, the video UI is our design and we use Teams as communication service.

I tried to look for the solution, but it seems that Teams only allow to integrate the web app into Teams application through tabs. 

Could you please confirm if we could develop above web application with Teams as communication service (UI is our design) ? If it is, could you please give me some steps for quick start ?

Thank you so much !

4 Replies
We are looking into this I will get back to you soon.

Thanks
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@Quang_Phan 

Azure Communications Services will be the answer you want. It gives you full flexibility to build a customised UI and functionality on top of a meeting that can also be accessed by Teams clients. It's used by folks like healthcare to provide a bespoke patient experience in an online doctors appointment.

Azure Communication Services – communication APIs | Microsoft Azure

Thanks a lot, Steven !
I am going to check the Azure Communication Service !

@Quang_Phan Right, that should be it, Sorry for the delayed response. Have a look at this detailed capabilities too.

Thanks, 

Hunaid L Hanfee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above response by @Steven Collier is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@Quang_Phan 

Azure Communications Services will be the answer you want. It gives you full flexibility to build a customised UI and functionality on top of a meeting that can also be accessed by Teams clients. It's used by folks like healthcare to provide a bespoke patient experience in an online doctors appointment.

Azure Communication Services – communication APIs | Microsoft Azure

View solution in original post