(CDR/QoE) data for Call quality performance - reporting trends and details

Iron Contributor

I am very interested to understand to hear the <pings> out there - you who use the data from Lync or Skype on-prem's QoE database - whether you consume it in it's raw format in the manner of a data scientist, or consume it through a 3rd-party-developed reporting app in the manner of a customer-experience-support analyst / investigator.

Is it just me or does the SfBO reporting still leave something to be desired?  There is some elementary reporting, but I am not seeing anything that matched Lync/Skype Monitoring Reports.

There is a mountain of meta-data in the QoE database.  Is that getting left behind?

Microsoft did a good job creating simple report-query-templates in the Monitoring Report server that could render 80% of what most Telecom Managers would expect their team to know from a platform.

And for the other 20%, ALL the data was simply... available at the customer's disposal (and/or a partner's disposal).

For Voice Engineers, Support Analysts, and Service Owners, this was a dream come true.  Performance data at our fingertips.

Now, with Skype for Business Online, I seem to bottom out on report category / type templates that I am otherwise accustomed to leveraging in the Monitoring Reports.

And I hear partners are unable to get access to the Call Analytics API, so this tells me - simply - that in Skype for Business Online, there is some data I am no longer able to access, that I would like to access.

@ Microsoft:

Are there still developments happening in this space?  I would like to see the SfB Online window unlocked for me to get into my QoE data, so that I (or a partner) can render the data in more relative context, with custom filtering.

Some of that data can be used to prove Skype is not the root cause of an issue.

Next, I would like to also understand the product team's vision of reporting call quality - for calls made in Microsoft Teams.

I guess you have a challenge... because the boil-the-ocean expectation is that we will see all platforms (Skype on Prem + Skype Online + Teams...) to be rendered into a one-report-viewing experience.  Right?  ;)

What is the road map and pending enhancements for CQD and/or Call Analytics, in general?

Where / when does Teams sit on that roadmap?

And... Will a customer be able to render their own meta-data or be restricted from it?

1 Reply

I haven't seen any answers to your questions.  Have there been any?  Have you found any answers?

@John Francis