Unable to create personal lists under "My Lists", even as a global admin

Iron Contributor

Hi

I manage an organization's M365 tenant and they aren't able to create personal lists under "My Lists" via the Lists app. They request for access but I don't get the approval email. Nor does it show up under "Pending Access Requests" in SharePoint.

I enabled the creation of personal lists via Powershell as per the reference here , but they still don't have access. Surprisingly, as a global admin, even I don't have access to create personal lists myself. I have to request for access and the access request email comes to me. I approve. But it still blocks me from creating. There is no one else above me.

Myself and my users can't create blank lists nor lists from a template.

2 Replies

@chintan_patel Did you try the PowerShell command like below?

Set-SPOTenant -DisablePersonalListCreation $false

Which M365 subscription are you using?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi ganeshsanap.

In my original message above, I indicated that I had followed the Microsoft reference which includes this Powershell command. The Powershell command doesn't change anything.

I am using Microsoft Office 365 E3